User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Experience with apple.com's "same day" shipping?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Experience with apple.com's "same day" shipping?
rogue

2005-01-17, 23:31

love how they hide all the real shipping details. Had to filled in bogus info just to get to the checkout page in order to see them. anyone use "same day" shipping? how long was your processing time?
rasmits
rams it

2005-01-18, 00:11

They always ship when they say they will for other orders, so I don't see how this would be different.

You usually have to order it before 12 in whatever time zone they use. It also depends on the product availability, but if they say it ships same day, it ships same day.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-18, 00:18

Don't bother with Apple. I've heard so many reports of people paying extra for rush shipping on their Macs and of course having to wait forever. Maybe if you get a Mac that is in the middle of its upgrade cycle and isn't in high demand, like an iBook, it won't be a problem. But if you think you'll get that new Mac mini sooner because you paid extra for faster shipping, think again.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2005-01-18, 01:53

For what it's worth, I ordered my Powerbook before noon (about 6 months ago), customized with a bigger HD even, and it arrived on my doorstep less than 24 hours later.

Last edited by Xaqtly : 2005-01-18 at 16:17.
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2005-01-18, 11:30

Well with stock stuff, I usually order and get the free shipping, and the stuff will be at my house in 2 days. Apparently one of their distribution centers is maybe 45 minutes away. It's pretty sweet.

"It's a good thing there's no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release