Pokémon GO

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Pokémon GO
Page 5 of 7 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  Next Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-08-30, 10:51

That is one thing that would be nice. If we could boot lower ranked people out of a gym it would be great for us. It wouldn't be good for them though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-09-03, 14:32

OK, this is kinda gruesome, but still a very funny reality of some people playing this game. Well worth watching.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-10-24, 20:58

So am I the only one playing this still? Admittedly I'm not playing it nearly as much as I was. I am still playing and am back up to level 25 now.

I'll be nice when the API is opened up again and I can use maps.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2016-10-25, 06:50

I thought it was interesting that they announced the Apple Watch part at the iPhone 7 announcement and thought that it was way too late. Should have had that at the start.

I haven't read or seen anything about this game since the summer.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2016-10-25, 09:24

I'm still playing. Gets easier to hold gyms as there are less players, but the ones left seem a bit more dedicated. I've gotten to lvl 25, but there are people in the mid to upper 30's around me all the time.

I cached out on 7 gyms yesterday. If I could maintain that pace that'd be an egg incubator every 2 days. It's still a good excuse to go for a walk.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-10-25, 16:21

What's funny about the Watch app you mention is it still isn't out yet! I enjoy playing it when I do, but the gyms are all level 10 now and stay that way. The training update was both a blessing and a curse. Before it was easy to take back a gym, now it is much harder to take a gym without a group of people with high CP monsters.

Now I'm looking for low hanging fruit and easy targets. I am only in one gym too... at least last I checked.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-10-25, 20:06

For those still playing, there is an event going on now. Lots of stuff like Cubone, Gastly and such. The biggest part is that you get double candy on most things. So if you have Lucky Eggs to use, now is the time.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-28, 15:23

I anyone still playing this much? I know it's gotten colder for most. I still play it once a day at least for some odd reason. I feel like I should stop, but I'm driven to keep trying to get better monsters.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2016-12-28, 19:13

I play about once or twice a week now. i've gotten sick of looking for what amount to rare pokemon in my area.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2016-12-28, 20:00

Just got back. Another 1.5 hour, 6 mile, 10K step hike. I do 4-5 of them a week. Hatched a Cleffa today!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-28, 20:50

Wow! That is awesome. I had to stop the power walking because I actually hurt my Achilles tendon.

I'm fairly bored with the lack of anything great in my area. The loss of maps/scanners has been a really pain and made it far less interesting for me. There were times I would see a monster a few blocks away and get in my car to catch it. Now, meh. I'm still playing daily though so I get the bonuses.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2016-12-29, 08:12

I still play daily. Very close to finishing the Gen 1 dex, but the work schedule means it is dark when I get out of work and most nests are closed, so I'm limited to two days each week to actually go hunt. At this point, I hit nests for things I need when I can, and hunt for perfect IVs otherwise of what I have. I have a suspicion that they will expand the medals for catch-rate bonuses when Johto drops, so I'm trying to get what I can up to 500/1000 of a type caught, too.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-12-30, 00:22

See, I've heard of IV but know nothing about it. I'm sure it would help my game play if I did, but I just don't know. Tonight I did get myself into five gyms while already being in one. I've never been in 6 gyms at one time so this was really cool for me! I took my daughter's phone with me and put her in 4 of them with me. Right now I'm only in one though. At least I cashed out on my gold while I was in the six.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2017-02-16, 18:14

if you're still playing, Gen 2 have been released and are live.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-02-16, 21:27

Cool! I've been playing almost every day still but hadn't seen any new monsters until you posted.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2017-02-17, 04:02

It is 1AM here and I just got back form a rigorous bout of pokemoning. I haven't had that much fun since the game was released.

Tad bummed by the crowds... in that there were none. I was walking around, but there were a handful of cars darting about the small city. Weeeeak! Also, leveled up 5 level 5 gyms and added 'mons. By the time I got home they were all booted already. Meh.

I got a weird catch animation once with 3 wavy yellow streaks rising from the ball. No clue what that was. Haven't found an explanation yet.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2017-02-20, 12:17

I still play daily. I'm down to only one Gen 1 left to go sans legendaries and regionals. 40 Gen 2 so far. Glad they finally released Gen 2 - been having a blast like it was all new again!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-02-21, 14:07

I have only missed my daily streak once since it came out. That is for both catch and Pokestop. Yesterday was day 7 for me and I got a sun stone. I've used it on my Gloom and got the Bellossom.

Now I need to find out which Pokemon are best in the gyms. Maybe it will help me stay in them longer. The new release did make the game feel new again, that is a huge perk.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-02-21, 15:11

Do any of you play with an Apple Watch at all? I have tried but it seems to lag so far behind the phone I just can't do it. I don't mind leaving it running for the walking credit with Health, but getting Pokestops feels so horrible to me on the Watch.

Edit: Also, anyone use a Pokemon Go Plus? Seems pretty limiting that it can't catch with anything other than Pokeballs. No Great or Ultra Balls.

Last edited by turtle : 2017-02-21 at 18:15.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-02-22, 18:26

I can't play right now and it is a drag. Some server checks say all is well. Others say it is down. For me it is down.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-06-26, 21:12

Is there anyone using an Apple Watch with the current version of Pokemon Go? I went for a walk today surrounded by Pokestops but I never got an alert on my Watch. I did get them on my phone though.

Also, getting coins feels odd to me. I put myself in 6 gyms today but so far only have 36 coins gained. I guess now the goal isn't to camp in a gym but to get booted. That's when you collect your coins now.

I did my first Raid Battle today too. I managed to beat the guy with another player on a different team. When the battle was over I was able to catch the Electabuzz, but he was only 1200CP or so.

Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

2017-06-27, 19:54

I can't wait to do raid battles with more people. So far the first was just me and a semi truck that pulled up behind me. (Awesome) Second was just me and I lost miserably.

My roommates are on another team so when we play together, gyms have always been a sore spot. These raids should be fun when I get back home.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-06-28, 08:36

The fact that raid battles happen with any one playing and from different teams is pretty awesome. It is certainly one way you can play with your roommates without having to deal with who gets the gym. During the raid battle time I don't think you can get into the gym to fight other players at all.

One trick I've figured out to fight in two raid battles on one day for free is to get a raid pass one day and not use it until the next. Then on that second day after your raid pass is used, spin the Pokestop in the gym and get a second one.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2017-07-02, 12:58

Coins are now collected at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes defending a gym, with a cap between all of your Pokemon of 50 coins per day. Coins are collected upon the Pokemon's defeat, so it's...not ideal. There's a lot of discussion with Niantic ongoing to change it to automatically accrue for how many days, but we'll see where that goes.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2017-07-02, 12:59

Also, save your coins and your Rare Candy/Stardust. Legendary Raid passes cost 500 coins, and Rare Candy can help you quickly boost a Legendary you catch.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-02, 19:41

How long is a Premium pass good for? One battle? I haven't bothered to look. When will I see a Legendary pass? I've not seen one of those yet and I'm level 32 now. I also don't play with many people so getting a group to battle a large raid seems like a challenge for me.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2017-07-05, 02:56

Premium passes are for one. They are anytime raid passes like the free ones, but obviously for more than the one free (or two if previous and current day passes) pass. Legendary passes will likely be available on the 22nd. That's the Chicago event that is going to introduce legendary raids.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

2017-07-06, 11:43

This latest update might finish up the game for me. It seems counter intuitive how it's all set up now.

Based on 50 coins per day shared across all 'mons in gyms, there's almost no point putting anyone decent in a gym, and it's typically BAD to give berries to an allied pokemon, since you stop earning any coins after 5.5 hours.

I've been tossing pidgies in an open gym and then just transferring them when they die. I still get about 50 coins per day.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-07, 18:44

I like that strategy! Thing is, I have to fight to get into gyms. We rarely encounter a gym that's Instinct (Yellow) and have to beat out the other guys. If it's always a yellow gym then I can't get in it until it's been beaten out.

I'm actually making more money now with this new gym configuration.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-21, 07:40

Get your walking shoes on!