Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Online courses in Adobe Lightroom?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Online courses in Adobe Lightroom?
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2020-07-28, 17:03

My wife and I have been meaning to learn how to better use Lightroom for our photos for a while. We've always toyed with the idea of maybe doing photography as a side business, and what better time than now to learn, right? (Yeah, us and 37,203,303 others, right?)

Has anyone ever taken a course in something like this? What would the best place to start be?

I know there are things like Lynda, but I don't know anyone who has taken one.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-07-28, 20:26

There is so much LR training stuff out on Youtube it's hard to point to anyone specifically. I think Adobe has a bunch on their website as well.

Lightroom Killer Tips was a good site for many years, don't know if it still is, since I haven't paid much attention to that kind of stuff for years now. Once I had a hang on using the features I needed I kind of checked out from that community online.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-07-28, 21:12

I'm still trying to decide if I should migrate from Aperture to Photos or to Lightroom.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2020-07-29, 11:35

I hung on to Aperture for a while. Photos is good to use to have photos everywhere in an easily accessible place, but I also use Lightroom for more advanced edits.

I just pull in the pictures I want from Photos and then export them back out from Lightroom.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.