User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 5 of 77 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  Next Last Thread Tools
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2009-01-10, 13:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Just finished Valkyria Chronicles, which I would strongly recommend to anyone with a PS3 and an interest in Japenese strategy RPGs. It was a really fun and beautiful game, that has totally slipped under the radar because of Sega's poor marketing and untimely release around all sorts of other big name fall releases. I mean, what the fuck, they advertise the hell out of their next shitty Sonic the Hedgehog game but leave this [VC] out to dry?
Thanks for that.. I may be able to pick that up cheap from Play Asia if it did not fair too well.

Quote:
Anyway, just got Mass Effect yesterday and I'm already sucked into the vortex that is that game--thankfully we're supposed to have shit weather the next couple days so I have a reason to completely immerse myself in it.
Enjoy. That's the one game sequel I'd consider getting hold of a replacement 360 for.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
tomoe
Veteran Member

2009-01-10, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Thanks for that.. I may be able to pick that up cheap from Play Asia if it did not fair too well.
With Play Asia are the games normally in Japanese? (I'm assuming so, but I've never known/read about anyone getting a game from them). I'm just wondering because I have a hankering to pick up White Knight Chronicles...but I'm total shit at Japanese (I can understand a few basic questions/answers, and that's about it).

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
Yonzie
Mac Mini Maniac

2009-01-10, 16:43

Heavenly Sword on PS3. Loving it.
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-01-10, 22:35

Quote:
With Play Asia are the games normally in Japanese? (I'm assuming so, but I've never known/read about anyone getting a game from them). I'm just wondering because I have a hankering to pick up White Knight Chronicles...but I'm total shit at Japanese (I can understand a few basic questions/answers, and that's about it).
Games are normally marked as Asian, or European, or US Version. They are based in Hong Kong actually.
Normally the Asian ones are cheaper. For example the Asian Fallout 3 was about $50 and the US Version was $65.
I got the US one as I didn't want it to have stuff cut out.

You always get a voucher too, which gives you between $5 and $10 off your next purchase.

But even the Asian versions still have English. I think that depends more on your machine setup with most of the big publishers.

My LBP is the Asian one, and it's all in English on my PS3.

The only game where I messed up was F1 Championship Edition. I got the Japanese version which didn't get some of the updates and the menus are in Japanese, but that panned out ok as the commentary is all in Japanese so it's much less repetitive to listen to.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Unch

2009-01-11, 06:07

Quote:
But even the Asian versions still have English. I think that depends more on your machine setup with most of the big publishers.

My LBP is the Asian one, and it's all in English on my PS3.
Does it still have Steven Fry narrating?
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-01-11, 07:37

Yep.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2009-01-12, 21:51

I've been playing GTA 4 a lot lately. Got the Ps3 for Christmas and picked up GTA a few days later at a GameStop (used.) It's fun enough, I'm not thrilled with it, especially the controls, but I really like the game and in true GTA form, I've been able to waste way too much time playing it.

Come waste your time with me
¡Damned!

2009-01-16, 18:22

I skipped my Annual Trilogy Playthrough last year, so I'm trying to sneak that in before a new project comes in next week. Interestingly, there's some new textures and weapons physics and whatnot on the download page (I downloaded all fresh, new files...*sparkles*) that I'm anxious to see. They're only good for Durandal and ∞ (and I'm just halfway through M1A1) but I'm pretty excited to try them out.

So it goes.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-01-17, 11:26

Picked up Left 4 Dead and played with some friends last night. That game is crazy! If you like being one of the last 4 normal people trying to survive a zombie apocalypse and you enjoy online co-op play, this game is for you.
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2009-02-08, 22:45

Demos !!

Resident Evil 5
It looks good and will probably buy. But serious, we're in 2009... why can't I aim and walk at the same time !!!!!

3 on 3 Arcade
Only 9.99$ ? I'probably buy too. It's a lot like NHL Hitz (last edition in 2003). Fast paced and totally arcade hockey.

Killzone 2
The preorder requiered to get this demo was a christmas gift This game is gonna be sweeeet. The graphics are better than I thought and my expectations were very high. Could be the best FPS on PS3... BTW, I've read some articles and it seems like Killzone is only using 60% on the heaviest load. I can't imagine the PS3 used to it's best then...

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2009-02-08, 22:50

I'm currently playing Mercenaries 2 that I picked up for free play testing for EA games. It's pretty fun and even though it's slightly repetitive (go blow up this building, go kill/capture this target, take this person to safety) the large selection of weaponized vehicles and airstrikes keep it pretty interesting.

I'm also waiting for Afro Samurai to be shipped from Goozex and the GTA 4 and the next two Fallout 3 DLCs to be available.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
scratt
Veteran Member

2009-02-08, 22:55

Still playing Fallout!!
Oh, and WipeoutHD. WipeoutHD is worth buying a PS3 for alone IMO. (Big thanks to torifile on that one).

Very excited about RE5 and KZ2.
KZ2, particularly as it is specifically not a run and gun twitcher style game.. Suits us oldies much better.

PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-02-08, 23:44

Rented copy of COD5: World at War on my 360. Then I'm getting Mirror's Edge on Friday for my birthday.

From early January until I rented COD5 early this week, I played the heck out of Orange Box, completely beating HL2, HL2 Ep1/Ep2, Portal, and a lot of online play with TF2.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2009-02-09, 12:27

Just finished playing the snot out of No More Heroes for the Wii. The graphics were a mixed bag but the gameplay was fantastic. Best Wii game I've played since Super Mario Galaxy. It was so good I immediately did a second play through.
Foj
Veteran Member

2009-02-09, 13:39

Quote:
Very excited about RE5
As am I. Got the demo and look forward to the real thing.

Currently playing Bioshock. Just got past the crazy Dr. Steinman. Pushed him into a corner and beat him with the wrench for calling me ugly.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.

Last edited by Foj : 2009-02-09 at 13:56. Reason: added link
nikstar101
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikstar101  
2009-02-09, 13:40

Yeah i have been playing the demo of Killzone2. It is certainly not what i expected, a kind of Halo experience, but much slower and you have to be much more careful. I reckon it will be a great game, although the demo was very short.

The graphics do indeed look good, but in those types of games the graphics soon become part of the background and the gameplay takes over. I am very interested in the story line as after Metal Gear Solid 4, i now have to play games with a story otherwise i loose interest very quickly.
Also can't wait for Street Fighter 4. Awesome drunken fighting action!!
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2009-02-09, 13:50

ps3---finishing up Eternal Sonata

wii--world of goo...waiting on preorders of HOTD, pikmin new controls and Madworld

ps3--have oblivion, will start that in a bit...

nice thing about being a new gamer, 2 year old games are still new to me...i loved fallout 3, so oblivion should be fun too.

not into 1st person shooter games...actaully just about all 2st person games make me ill...headache and such...so i avoid them.

loved RE4 on the wii, so torn about RE5...will probably wait a bit to see if any wii rumors are out there...same with dead space...almost picked it up, but will wait for the wii version...

i like good graphics, but i like game play much more...the ps3 controller is ok, the wii control is magic...

have never played a metal gear game...probably should get solid 4 next...

let me know what you think of killzone 2 vs solid 4...

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2009-02-09, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post
Just finished playing the snot out of No More Heroes for the Wii. The graphics were a mixed bag but the gameplay was fantastic. Best Wii game I've played since Super Mario Galaxy. It was so good I immediately did a second play through.
ha, can't wait for the second no more heroes...i expect the overworld to be improved and the story to be just as crazy....

g
nikstar101
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikstar101  
2009-02-09, 14:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
have never played a metal gear game...probably should get solid 4 next...

let me know what you think of killzone 2 vs solid 4...

g
I had never played any Metal gear game before MGS 4. And i wasn't that hopeful that i would like it. But it turns out to be one of the best games i have ever played. Like i said i prefer a story based game, so i don't really get into online games that much. And MGS has story in bucket loads in fact i think the game is split 50% cutscenes, 50% game play.

I don't think Killzone 2 will come anywhere near MSG 4, but as a short distraction (which most first person shooters are) i think it will be fun.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-09, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
Picked up Left 4 Dead and played with some friends last night. That game is crazy! If you like being one of the last 4 normal people trying to survive a zombie apocalypse and you enjoy online co-op play, this game is for you.
^^ This (still).

Started messing with the Halo Wars demo a little bit last weekend and was duly impressed. Will have to play some more again soon. I like how the developers simplified resource gathering to almost set it and forget it so you can concentrate on the war aspect of Halo Wars.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2009-02-09, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
Started messing with the Halo Wars demo a little bit last weekend and was duly impressed. Will have to play some more again soon. I like how the developers simplified resource gathering to almost set it and forget it so you can concentrate on the war aspect of Halo Wars.
I'll have to try Halo Wars. I've gotten into Company of Heroes, which has a similar "set it and forget it" approach to resource gathering. You don't actually gather resources, you just capture fuel and munitions points which automatically generate your resources. Very fun.

I have to try Left 4 Dead as well.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2009-02-09, 16:35

Left 4 Dead is sitting on my cabinet waiting to be played. Getting up the gumption to play a new game online is always hard for me - I suck at games and I don't want to embarrass myself. If other ANers are playing maybe I'll pop it in.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2009-02-09, 16:54

I'm playing CoD 4 again. It's like a drug
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-02-09, 17:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
I'm playing CoD 4 again. It's like a drug
Haha, me too! But I think it's more because of the lack of good games for PS3.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2009-02-09, 17:07

Still just playing Rock Band 2 and WoW mostly. I played a little Mario Party 8 this weekend.
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2009-02-09, 20:00

Anybody else here play Mario Kart Wii? I'm completely addicted.
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-02-09, 21:27

Got Fallout 3 for the PS3 and just now trying it out - it took about 3 hours to really get into it, but wow.

Should be getting Uncharted: Drake's Fortune in the mail soon...looking forward to that one.

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-02-09, 21:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Left 4 Dead is sitting on my cabinet waiting to be played. Getting up the gumption to play a new game online is always hard for me - I suck at games and I don't want to embarrass myself. If other ANers are playing maybe I'll pop it in.
You owe it to yourself to fire up that game. It's great fun! I play it Tuesday nights on XBox Live but I already have a regular set of co-players.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-02-10, 00:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Being awesome at video games is all about attitude. You just have to go in balls to the walls, gun blazing, like you mean it!

PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-02-10, 02:04

Picked up COD4 rental for my 360 at Blockbuster today when I dropped off COD5. Been playing it for hours, pretty much since I got home. It's on my list of games I want to buy at some point, probably once it drops under $60.