User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

ITT: Why XSeed Games is awesome.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
ITT: Why XSeed Games is awesome.
ggnorekthx

2012-03-24, 05:40

So, first off, I've always liked XSeed Games. They make a big effort to publish tons of Japanese games here in the U.S. In particular, they release a lot of sweet RPGs, especially stuff like Ys and Legend of Heroes by Falcom and some of the Rune Factory games. So I already love them.

A few days ago I realized they had an online shop on their site. At first glance, the prices are pretty fair. But the prices in their Soundtrack section are absurdly low - $5 for any of the available soundtracks! (If you're unaware, Falcom's Soundteam JDK write some of the best video game music you can find. It has been a major drawing point to their games, as well.)

On their store, minimum order amount is $20, so I picked out 3 Ys soundtracks and 1 Legend of Heroes soundtrack. Four for $20? Usually a game soundtrack or import CD is $20 by itself... or more.

I just received it yesterday. My four CDs were there, but there was more! They added in the Lunar soundtrack, a figurine from Little King's Story, and a map and pendant from one of the game's I bought a soundtrack for. I couldn't believe it! Even if they are just sitting on a ton of stock or something, the fan service they provide is incredible.

The end.

~Dan~
If anyone plays Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, or has a 3DS, feel free to PM me about swapping friend codes and such. :)
SpecMode
Wait what

2012-03-24, 07:40

I'm thinking you and Robo will get along just fine.
ggnorekthx

2012-03-24, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
I'm thinking you and Robo will get along just fine.
Hah!

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion. Am I the only person here who likes XSeed? What publishers/developers do you guys like?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-24, 17:53

I <3 XSeed I'm so glad they're bringing The Last Story over.

I also like Aksys and Atlus, as far as "smallish" publishers go. For large publishers, I like Square Enix (...still ) and Nintendo.

As far as developers, I like Level-5. It's apparently cool to hate them on NeoGAF and such, but I love Professor Layton. Sue me

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
ggnorekthx

2012-03-24, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I <3 XSeed I'm so glad they're bringing The Last Story over.

I also like Aksys and Atlus, as far as "smallish" publishers go. For large publishers, I like Square Enix (...still ) and Nintendo.

As far as developers, I like Level-5. It's apparently cool to hate them on NeoGAF and such, but I love Professor Layton. Sue me
Haha! Level-5 is pretty cool. I'm really, REALLY hoping I get to play Ni no Kuni (The Another World is the English name, I think) in English... but I may have to import the Japanese version.

And yes, The Last Story is one of their most recent endeavors... along with some Ys love on PC via Steam. Ys Origin will be coming out for the first time in the U.S. on Steam thanks to XSeed.

For many years, Atlus was by far my favorite. Ever since Ogre Battle 64, I've always been keen on buying games published by them. Aksys has done a few that I like, too. Although nothing immediately comes to mind.

Of course, who can really hate Square Enix? They haven't really been up to par recently with stuff like FFXIV happening, but man, Super Mario RPG is my favorite game of all time.

~Dan~
If anyone plays Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, or has a 3DS, feel free to PM me about swapping friend codes and such. :)
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-24, 21:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnorekthx View Post
Haha! Level-5 is pretty cool. I'm really, REALLY hoping I get to play Ni no Kuni (The Another World is the English name, I think) in English... but I may have to import the Japanese version.
Namco Bandai is bringing the PS3 version of Ni no Kuni (with that title) to the US later this year (and to Europe early next). Or were you talking about the DS version? I fear we might never see an English release one, since the spellbook adds to the production cost considerably But the DS is still seeing new game releases, and it placed high in Level-5's "what games do you want in English" Facebook poll, so I remain hopeful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnorekthx
Aksys has done a few that I like, too. Although nothing immediately comes to mind.
They're doing the Zero Escape games, 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and now Virtue's Last Reward (the new title of what people were translating as "Good People Die"). If you haven't played 999, you should check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnorekthx
Of course, who can really hate Square Enix? They haven't really been up to par recently with stuff like FFXIV happening, but man, Super Mario RPG is my favorite game of all time.

FFVI and Chrono Trigger are mine. I'm so glad they're bringing over Theatrhythm. Now they just have to confirm an English release for Bravely Default.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-26, 00:35

OMG somebody mentioned SMRPG

CT and FFIX/XII are my favorites, but IV, VII, and VIII are right there, too. And SMRPG. One really just can't leave that out.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards