User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

MS Office: Mac '04 Problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MS Office: Mac '04 Problems
crennedy

2005-10-13, 13:56

Yes I use Office on my mac... don't laugh! Anyway, I've recently been having problems with all of the applications in Office. Entourage, which was a very important tool for me quit running. It says I need to rebuild my database. So, I go to the database utility, try to rebuild, but come out with an I/O error. It makes me think that something in the code for the program was tampered with and that I may have a bug. My other Office applications run, but every time I launch them, I get an error message saying that there was a probelm loading the framework library. Any help would be much appreciated. I need these applications for my schoolwork. Thanks.
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2005-10-13, 14:10

Get used to it.
Before I gave up on Office (esp. entourage) I had to completely reinstall Office on 7 different occasions over the course of 3 months. I was able to trace ALL issues back to entourage. Its just not ready for the world yet.
crennedy

2005-10-13, 17:13

I understand that it might not be the best software available, but if there are any solutions at all to this problem, please help. I would rather not compromise this software nor invest in a different type. Any help is appreciated.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-10-13, 17:19

This happened to me a couple years ago, and I shitcanned Entourage as a result and have happily been using Mail ever since (after transferring everything from a week-old backup of my Entourage data).

as far as solving your problem, my best recommendation is to first check your hard drive for errors with fsck, and repair permissions, and try again (instructions are in the Genius Bar FAQ if you need them).

You also might have better luck by holding down the Option key when launching Entourage - this forces a database rebuild, I believe.

Lastly, as this is a technical issue, I'm moving it from 3PP to GB.