User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

It is the Make or Break game for the Red Sox.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
It is the Make or Break game for the Red Sox.
Page 1 of 9 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
Quagmire
meh

2004-10-17, 20:42

As you guys see in my sig, the Yanks are leading the series 3-0 and need 1 more game to go to the World Series. The Yanks so far are winning 2-0 in the bottom of the 4th inning. I say get there misery over with and have the Yanks drive the final nail of the series. Alcimedes, is probably has his eyes glued to the tube begging for the Red Sox to win.

giggity

Last edited by alcimedes : 2004-10-19 at 23:40. Reason: More appropriate now.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-17, 20:52

I'm sitting here watching it, hoping so much that the Red Sox beat the Yankee's eyes out, somehow, someway.

But I don't guess that'll happen.

I hope the Astros win, and then go on to drill the Yankees mercilessly in four games straight.

(can you tell I'm not a Yankees guy?)
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-10-17, 20:55

Yuck the Fankees
Quagmire
meh

2004-10-17, 20:55

I also want the Astro's to win so we can see the best pitchers of both teams. Mussnia and Mr. I am retiring Clemens on the same night(hopefully). It will be a very good series. A Rod will come through and crush the Astro's.

giggity
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-10-17, 21:25

The Sox arent finished yet. If the Yanks get to the Series, they'll lose.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-10-17, 21:32

I don't really care about baseball, but I've been watching the last 3 games, as well as this one(on mute mostly) It's fun to root for the underdog really just to see what they can do when the pressure is on.

Yankees are clearly the better team, Sox are definitely out of the series, though I wouldn't put it past them to pull this game out.(but then again, if there is one thing the Sox are good for, it's disappointing you)
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-10-17, 21:33

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE FUCKING NHL STARTS.

OK THANKS.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-10-17, 21:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE FUCKING NHL STARTS.

OK THANKS.
Middle-aged man.
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-10-17, 21:45

I love you man.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-10-17, 22:42

Other than the Yankees ovewhelming success, there's no reason in my mind to cheer for the Red Sox. IMO of course...

1) Yankee fans are better
2) The curse must live on
3) The Yankees roster on the whole seems more likable than the Red Sox...even withthe additions of cool cats like Dave Roberts and Mientkiewiczizciziiczcsizz
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-10-17, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
I love you man.
So that's what you were going for? I thought I might be the only one who knew about that skit, or at least remembered it.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-10-17, 22:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
Mientkiewiczizciziiczcsizz
Must have been a real bitch learning how to spell his name when he was growing up......

And Yankess to win.....

drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-10-17, 23:05

Go BoXox!!!!!!!
Awesome steal, tied!!!
Quagmire
meh

2004-10-17, 23:18

Into the 10th we go.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-10-17, 23:18

hm, I was kind of hoping to see ortiz slam it out of the park, that'd have been interesting.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2004-10-18, 00:24

And the Sox stay around for at least one more game
Wrao
Yarp

2004-10-18, 00:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
hm, I was kind of hoping to see ortiz slam it out of the park, that'd have been interesting.

Good job ortiz
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-10-18, 00:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
Good job ortiz
good call

I'm glad there will be some drama... a sweep woulda been nice... but a let-down.

I think it would be cool if the red sox won the series... but there is no chance in hell for that...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-10-18, 00:31

actually, i don't care now that the twins are out. i just can't stand the yankees on pricipal.
applenut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-10-18, 01:15

and what principle would that be?

yankee haters are pathetic and make no sense
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2004-10-18, 02:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by applenut
and what principle would that be?

yankee haters are pathetic and make no sense

The Yankees with the exception of Derek Jeter, Mussian, and Rivera do nothing for this game. At least two of them do steriods (Giambi and now for sure Shefield). Not to mention they spend more money on their team then anybody else and they should've gotten beat by the twins who spend about 1/6th of the money the Yankees do. Luckily Ron Gardenhire teamed up wtih the Yankees and beat the twins. Oh and stiennbrenner is an ass.

However the two former twins did their job tonight!! GO DAVID AND DOUGIE!

And All That Could Have Been
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-10-18, 07:36

i can't stand teams that buy their way to the top. in any sport.
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2004-10-18, 08:01

Your a Laker fan.....aren't you applenut?
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-10-18, 08:21

I think if Steinbrenner enjoys putting out his money the way he does, then he can go ahead and do it. He's wasting money though, because teams like the A's and others are playing Moneyball, and getting wins for less dollars. The era of the payroll championships are coming to an end. Even if the Yankees do make it to the world series, which I still doubt, they won't win. Cashman will be gone and Steinbrenner will go back to the drawing board with the exception of A-Rod, Jeter, Posada, and a pitcher or two.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-10-18, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
I think if Steinbrenner enjoys putting out his money the way he does, then he can go ahead and do it. He's wasting money though, because teams like the A's and others are playing Moneyball, and getting wins for less dollars. The era of the payroll championships are coming to an end. Even if the Yankees do make it to the world series, which I still doubt, they won't win. Cashman will be gone and Steinbrenner will go back to the drawing board with the exception of A-Rod, Jeter, Posada, and a pitcher or two.
The Yankees are one Bronson Arroyo or Wakefield shelling away from the World Series and you don't think they can pull it off? Wow...WOW!!

Moneyball hasn't gotten the As a championship. It hasn't even gotten them out of the first round of the play-offs. Hell, all the Beane Moneyball players are still in the farm system so we haven't even seen it for real yet.

The era of the payroll championship is coming to an end?? OMG, REALLY? You mean it wasn't the Marlins or Angels payrolls in 2002 and 2003 that won it all??!!?! The Yankees farm system is as healthy as ever, so I don't see them disappearing at all. Where do you think Beltran is going to end up next year? Not very many teams can afford his 2005 asking price. It rises every time he hits a homer in the post-season and he's already at 8...
applenut
BANNED

2004-10-18, 11:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento
The Yankees with the exception of Derek Jeter, Mussian, and Rivera do nothing for this game. At least two of them do steriods (Giambi and now for sure Shefield). Not to mention they spend more money on their team then anybody else and they should've gotten beat by the twins who spend about 1/6th of the money the Yankees do. Luckily Ron Gardenhire teamed up wtih the Yankees and beat the twins. Oh and stiennbrenner is an ass.

However the two former twins did their job tonight!! GO DAVID AND DOUGIE!
o really? this argument makes no fucking sense. it just makes you sound ignorant.

Why Jeter, Mussina, and Rivera? what's special about them rather than the rest? Because they have been with the team a long time? yet they still make more money than nearly anyone else, so doesn't that make them evil? What about Posada and Williams?

Steroids? Hate to break it to you bro, but if those 2 ARE doing steriods chances are a hell of a lot more people are doing them in the league. For you to single them out and use it against the Yankees organization is blind and ignorant.

What exactly is wrong with spending more money than anyone else? They have more money than anyone else. They had the highest attendance in the majors. Averaging near 50,000 a game. Steinbrenner is an ass because he puts the money he makes back into his business....yea..... i think I know who the real ass in this discussion is

Quote:
He's wasting money though, because teams like the A's and others are playing Moneyball, and getting wins for less dollars. The era of the payroll championships are coming to an end.
o really? how did teams with the world series the last 8 years? where'd the marlins go? where'd the angels and the diamondbacks go? that's what I thought. where have the A's gone except home after losing in the first round after winning in a weak division? that's what i thought. you have no fucking idea what the fuck you are talking about. go back to creeping out girls on your campus.

Quote:
Your a Laker fan.....aren't you applenut?
no. I hate the NBA. It's a bunch of fucking dumb ass black premadona pricks. If I do watch I root for the Knicks because they are my hometown team but I don't give a shit about the league and would much rather watch the NCAA in March.

Quote:
i can't stand teams that buy their way to the top. in any sport.
then I guess you like rowing, track and field, figure skating, water polo, bobsled, etc..... since you hate all professional sports.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-10-18, 11:45

Anybody quoting Moneyball referencing the success of the As doesn't know what he's talking about. We have yet to really see its positive effects as all players drafted through the Moneyball strategy have yet to make it out of the minors.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-10-18, 13:57

And to completely negate the issue of "buying a championship," we're talking about the Red Sox here. They're payroll is well beyond astronomical. That page lists what each player on the team is making, so Mientkiewicz, Roberts and Cabrera's salaries belong to their former teams. Garciaparra's still on the Boston payroll. Imagine if Boston had gotten the okay from the player's union to restructure A-Rod's contract! Their payroll would be in excess of $140M and the Yankees payroll would be closer to $170M
applenut
BANNED

2004-10-18, 14:02

Don't speak the truth Eugene. Ignorant people don't care. You're only wasting your time.
Quagmire
meh

2004-10-18, 18:33

Wow, an unsuspected triple bt Jeter! What a slide by Clark. It is 4-2 Yankee's.