User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Red eye fix in iPhoto 5--need some help

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Red eye fix in iPhoto 5--need some help
nomorewindows

2005-02-07, 17:25

Really liked the red-eye fix in iPhoto 4. When I try to use this feature in the upgrade, I end up with red eyes with little black pupils. Yeah, yeah, I should use Photo Shop but I'm not laying out that kind of money just so my dogs don't look like zombies. Any suggestions?

"A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other." Baltasar Gracian
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-02-07, 17:36

my sister in-law sent some pix of her new baby that had bad red-eye and it worked great for me, i sent them back to her and she was so pleased she might get an iBook.........dunno, try using retouch instead?

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
Gizzer

2005-02-07, 18:14

Try undoing the change you made then click the redeye tool in a slightly different part of the pupil - I've tried that and it can make a difference. Must be something to do with how it samples the reds...
nomorewindows

2005-02-08, 00:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzer
Try undoing the change you made then click the redeye tool in a slightly different part of the pupil - I've tried that and it can make a difference. Must be something to do with how it samples the reds...
Tried this. It works on some pictures and on others I ended up with red eyes with a dark grey dot UNDERNEATH the eye. Really strange. Didn't have this problem with iPhoto 4. I know there's a solution!

"A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the other." Baltasar Gracian
iBrowse

2005-02-08, 16:17

I had a problem with the red eye fix too, one eye it worked perfect on, the other one it made the eye look a pale, empty grey.
gEEk

2005-02-08, 17:00

You can kinda-sorta make it work like iPhoto 4 by selecting the eyes with a box, then OPTION-clicking "Remove Red-Eye". It still doesn't work as well as it did in iPhoto 4, though.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html

There has been much discussion on Apple's support groups about this. Be sure to send feedback to Apple about this so that a fix is prioritized.

The [United States] Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness; you have to catch it yourself. --Benjamin Franklin
nomorewindows

2005-02-08, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by gEEk
You can kinda-sorta make it work like iPhoto 4 by selecting the eyes with a box, then OPTION-clicking "Remove Red-Eye". It still doesn't work as well as it did in iPhoto 4, though.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphoto.html

There has been much discussion on Apple's support groups about this. Be sure to send feedback to Apple about this so that a fix is prioritized.
Sent in my feedback. Thanks for the link! Will try the box idea.