*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories
Page 127 of 127 First Previous 123 124 125 126 [127]  Thread Tools
Dr. Bobsky

2020-04-01, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Well, amidst all this End of the World™ nonsense[/url].
I know you're being hyperbolic here, but sometimes I wonder if you haven't yet grasped the magnitude of the danger the world is in...
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-04-01, 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
I know you're being hyperbolic here, but sometimes I wonder if you haven't yet grasped the magnitude of the danger the world is in...
To avoid mixing all the COVID-19 stuff up in this thread, all I'm going to say here is that it was refreshing to have something to talk about for a few minutes that wasn't virus-related.

Edit: My kid just sent me a meme that went like this:

"You can't have all four seasons and an earthquake in the same day."

Idaho: "Hold my beer!"

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2020-04-02 at 13:01.
pscates2.0
Mr. Farmiga

2020-05-08, 23:03

I just saw where Queen guitarist Brian May has injured his butt in an “over-enthusiastic” gardening incident..

Hmm, okay.

The mind reels. And the jokes write themselves.
pscates2.0
Mr. Farmiga

2020-05-09, 10:38

Little Richard, dead at 87.

I think, of all the major "architects" of that era, only Jerry Lee Lewis (84) remains. Gone are Buddy, Elvis, Roy, Bo, Fats, Chuck and now Little Richard. All the people one typically thinks of when they think of that initial blast of mid-50's rock 'n' roll originators, all gone, except for Jerry Lee.
drewprops
Bastard

2020-05-09, 16:36

James Brown, Ray Charles, Otis Redding, as well as Gregg & Duane Allman all passed through Macon, Georgia, on their way up.

Just adding to your list of architects.

kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-10-13, 15:00

Pretty little kitty cat with some attitude. The video thumbnail says it all!

Seriously, what a terrifying ordeal. This dude did just about everything he was supposed to do, and he's alive to talk about it.

About halfway through the video, he says this: "Oh, man, where's my gun?"

I bet he never goes up there without it again!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
Kickaha
Likes his boobies blue.

2020-10-14, 00:20

*cough*

https://forums.applenova.com/showpos...4&postcount=29

Yeah, been there. It's pants pissing time.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-10-14, 11:06

Very well told story, Kick.

I believe you. Not because it's a well told story, but because, well, I believe you.

Growing up, we raised a bobcat … indoors! Little kitty was, well, a "little" kitty—until she wasn't. She was tame, but had those wildcat instincts that would go off, and you just had to back away and leave her the hell alone for a little while … and then she would come sit on your lap and purr like a freaking lawn mower!

Full grown she was a healthy 40 pounds and a mother to deal with if she got herself wound up. No way I would tangle with that cat in full-on, pissed-off mode—and she was declawed!

A cougar?

Hell NO!

Especially in the wild.

Dude in that video knew he was dead. He didn't just feel it, he knew it. Fortunately, he did what he was supposed to do and came away with all his fingers. Almost every other person on this earth, in the same situation, would be dead or mangled beyond recognition. So, I hike with my pow-pow. Because no matter how cool I think I am, wild animals can straight up kick my ass!

Were it me, that cat would have got one warning shot. **ONE!**

And then it would have been a sad day.

Kickaha
Likes his boobies blue.

2020-10-14, 23:14

We trapped a bobcat kit in our yard three years ago, it had been abandoned by its mom (she was likely struck by a car in this area), but five days of no mom and this thing yowling in the yard, and we got a live trap cage from the local wildlife center and took it in. Sadly, it didn't make it. But good lord that thing was ANGRY.

I have a 25# beast of a cat (wears size S dog collars. Not XS. S.), and he about crushes me in the middle of the night by curling up on my chest. I can't imagine 40#.

My other brain is hung like a horse too.
#IRC isn't old school.
Old school is being able to say 'finger me' with a straight face.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-10-14, 23:34

I was trying to play out in my mind how I would survive an encounter with a big cat like that...

Short of a gun and a lot of distance I would rather never find out how it would really play out.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.