Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Motorola Miniblue™ Bluetooth Headset

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Motorola Miniblue™ Bluetooth Headset
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-04-11, 22:18

I bought a Motorola PEBL over the weekend and was back on Motorola's website today looking for some information when I ran across a new tiny, tiny headset that they're supposed to be introducing soon. It looks like Lt. Uhura's earpiece from the original Star Trek series!! Very cool.

Funny thing is, they put a DIGG tag on the page and nobody had Dugg it yet so I did.
That was about 10am or so this morning.... I just checked back on it and my Digg is still the only one.
What a rousing grassroots groundswell they're experiencing!!

Still, if this thing works well it's going to be awesome!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-04-11, 22:37

Ok, I couldn't resist and I Dugg it too.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-04-11, 22:40

Seems pretty kool. The only way I would consider getting one of those ear pieces is to use when Im driving. I cant stand those people that wear them in public, no offense to anyone. Theyre so tacky.

I dugg it too for the helluva it. AN is takin over, holla.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2007-04-11, 22:51

I don't get why a cell phone headset is any worse then one for a walkman or ipod? You know back when the walkman first came out people said the same thing. Well, just take some getting use to.

Retired 8 years ahead of schedule.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-04-11, 23:00

If talking on this in public doesn't get you some weird looks, I don't know what will It is almost too small.
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2007-04-11, 23:48

That's pretty cool, but I have a feeling that with the mic so far away from your mouth it's not going to sound as good as the larger boom-type headsets.

I love the size. I'd rather have that size with the noise cancellation of the Jawbone though.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-04-12, 09:21

Is that David Beckham wearing it in the picture?

Because that's as good a reason not to buy it as I need....

The Jawbone is a nice site, with some lovely icon design. But the thing about the background noise cancellation is a little misleading - you still have another ear sucking up all that noise....
zsummers
Avast!

2007-04-12, 09:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
Seems pretty kool. The only way I would consider getting one of those ear pieces is to use when Im driving. I cant stand those people that wear them in public, no offense to anyone. Theyre so tacky.

I dugg it too for the helluva it. AN is takin over, holla.
My beef with wearing them in public is that I can no longer distinguish who is wearing a bluetooth headset, and who is just crazy and talking to themselves. It used to be that someone sitting on a bus stop bench and chattering into the air was someone who might hurt me...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-04-12, 10:06

They need to do an ad based entirely on how their equipment looks like it's from Star Trek.... the flip phones and the ear thingies.

Next up? The Motorola Phaser.

Captain Drew on Twitter
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-04-12, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
They need to do an ad based entirely on how their equipment looks like it's from Star Trek.... the flip phones and the ear thingies.

Next up? The Motorola PhaserPHSR.
T,FTFY.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-04-12, 10:50

HA!!!

True dat.

Wraven

2007-04-12, 11:13

You know, those earpieces that people wear around in public are tacky, but I bet in 2-3 years they will be seen as commonplace (and thus generally more accepted).

Cheers,
Wraven
Dovek916

2007-04-15, 21:44

that is an awsome headset, I love the add were the woman comes in to a confrence room and sits down next to a guy who starts talking. He says,"I love you" she turns and says, " I have always had feels for you to." He turns, wearing a blue tooth headset, and say,"hon, can I call you back," and than turning to the lady that walked in," what did you say?' lol

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2007-04-15, 22:07

I have this headset. It's pretty tiny, I don't think I'd want anything smaller. It comes with this neat little case/charging cradle too.

*I've never once used it though, came with my phone for free.


Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-04-15, 23:10

I kinda like this one:

Look familar? It should. Apple announced it at the MacWorld expo along with the iPhone.

I dunno, I don't wanna have something glowing in my ear - attracts attention.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2007-04-15, 23:21

I think Beckham's looks better, that thing from apple is hideously rectangular and unnatural.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-04-15, 23:49

Here's what my inner Photoshop kid thinks....

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-04-15, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Here's what my inner Photoshop kid thinks....

Must be British…
joveblue
Veteran Member

2007-04-16, 02:32

Yeah, I don't like the whole thinking everyone is talking to themselves thing. I also don't like the whole "look at me, I'm sophisticated and important 'cause I wear my Bluetooth headset everywhere" set. It's disgustingly tacky. It makes me wanna puke. I don't wear my iPod headphones when there's no music playing, what makes them think it's cool to wear a headset when they're not talking to anyone?? Ergh.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-04-16, 10:13

You honestly forget that you're wearing it after awhile... your ear becomes desensitized/numb and an hour later you realize it's there and swipe it off like a bug that's climbed up and gone to sleep on your ear.

The closer you get to a big city the less social stigma there is to having/using one of them. In small towns people ridicule you for having one on, which is silly because who are they to assume that you're NOT more important than they are.

If there's anything more important than my ego around I want it caught and shot.

Captain Drew on Twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-04-16, 10:45

I love walking through airports and looking at the all the crazy people having conversations wtih themselves. Then I realize "oh, it's just a guy/woman with one of those earpieces...I was wondering why he seemed so torqued up about those quarterly numbers".

Holy smokes, can you remember just 20 or so short years ago...how did we ever survive without being in constant contact?

I swear there's gonna be an ugly flipside to all this stuff. Guys will have their balls start literally falling off in about another 10 years, and women will grow a horn out of their foreheads or something. It'll be the asbestos of the 21st century, we'll come to find out.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-04-16, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post

I swear there's gonna be an ugly flipside to all this stuff. Guys will have their balls start literally falling off in about another 10 years, and women will grow a horn out of their foreheads or something. It'll be the asbestos of the 21st century, we'll come to find out.
Well. Actually it may have already happened in reverse.

I've yet to meet a woman with balls.

And I know lots of guys who get the horn.

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.