User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Word 2004 Print to PDF Problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Word 2004 Print to PDF Problems
solstace

2007-06-20, 05:48

Okay, so I'm trying to print a 27-page manual. Like many I'm sure, I'm using a graphic for the front page and the rest of the pages are lean, mean text. My problem is this: If I try to "print" the document (on either my 10.4.9 PPC iMac running Office X or my 10.4.9 MacBook running Office 2004), I end up with two files - one for the cover and one for the rest of the document.

If I print from NeoOffice or Pages this doesn't happen - but I need to go from Word as I need to retain change-tracking and formatting information with other Office users.

So:

1) Has anyone else seen this and found a cause?
2) Anyone know how to combine pages from two different PDF files into one, without going to Acrobat?

Cheers all!
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2007-06-20, 07:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstace View Post
2) Anyone know how to combine pages from two different PDF files into one, without going to Acrobat?
1) Combine PDFs:
http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Fr...binePDFs.shtml

2) Alternatively, if you have Tiger you can try setting up the following Automator workflow:
Get Selected Finder Items -> Combine PDF Pages -> Open Finder Items, then save the PDF somewhere
or
Get Selected Finder Items -> Combine PDF Pages -> Copy Finder Items (This one you'll probably want to copy to an empty or near empty folder, as the generated filename from "Combine PDF pages" is random)