User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

XBOX 360 Vs. iHome?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
XBOX 360 Vs. iHome?
webavatar

2005-05-12, 21:09

NEW YORK, May 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Unlock a New World of Digital Entertainment

With Xbox 360, gamers are always on. At its core, Xbox 360 is an amazing game machine with a wide selection of titles. But it is also an entertainment system that lets people power new experiences. Every Xbox 360 system has built-in progressive-scan DVD movie, CD music and photo playback support. The integration of Xbox Live into the system lets players receive game invitations from friends while they're watching movies or listening to music. And every MP3 player, digital camera and Windows(R) XP-based PC with a Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 port can plug right into an Xbox 360 system to stream music and photos.

In addition, with built-in Media Center Extender functionality in every system, Xbox 360 players can access recorded TV and digital movies, music, video and photos stored on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PCs through any Xbox 360 system in the house.

Xbox 360 also opens the door to incredible, new high-definition entertainment. In addition to optimizing all Xbox 360 games for high definition, Xbox 360 will stream high-definition TV and movies stored on Media Center PCs starting this holiday season. As high-definition entertainment becomes more pervasive, Microsoft will offer more ways to experience HDTV and movies in any room in the house, any way people want it. Whether it's by the dropping of an optical disc in a drive, streaming to Xbox 360, or through broadband distribution, Xbox 360 will let players choose how to light up their high-definition content.

"Xbox 360 is a revolution that promises to ignite new levels of creativity, community and competition," Bach said. "Tonight's unveiling is a signal to the world that the next generation of gaming is here."

Apple please save us from another generation of Bill Gates domination.. innovate something else!

Oh yea, and advertise it
*cough* Tiger *cough*

Last edited by webavatar : 2005-05-12 at 22:28.

CobaltFire

Send a message via AIM to CobaltFire  
2005-05-12, 21:31

Heck, I would buy a Mac Media Center in a second if it's frontend looked and operated good. That said, I wonder if they have missed the train on this... I certainely hope not. If they don't get one released within the year, they are gonna be hurting, since MS will be hitting them hard where they are right now, in the easy-to-use home market...

johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2005-05-12, 21:53

In before thread merge!

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-05-12, 22:28

Any media center Apple made would own the Xbox 360. Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped for Microsoft's next game console, but it doesn't even record TV - only streams video from a Windows XP Media Center-equiped PC. I'm not saying that's a bad thing - it is, after all, a games machine - but it's really lame for a "media center."

I also see absolutely no reason to upgrade from the 20GB hard drive rumored to be included with the Xbox 360.

All said, though, I'm really excited for it...just not for its "media center" functionality.

webavatar

2005-05-12, 22:36

Why not a iHome digital media hub centered around a future version of .Mac? (comparable to Xbox Live) Everything you could ever need in 1 box. Airport Express to stream multimedia audio/video, progressive-scan DVD player, cd player, connections for iPod, digital camera's & camcorders, flash memory slots, removable hard drive, wifi and built-in ethernet, built-in DVR, HDMI/DVI/Component/S-Video/Coaxial/Optical inputs for connecting to TV & Home Theater.. Heck throw in 2 slightly different models that you could sell to cable/satellite companies and you can eliminate cable boxes.. throw in a satellite radio receiver on a high-end model.. even add iChat AV.. who wouldn't buy that?

Add a Mac Mini 1 shelf up with a wireless keyboard on another input on your TV and you can sit on your couch and get even fatter than you already are

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-05-13, 00:32

No.