Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

wireless Xbox controller with Mac?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
wireless Xbox controller with Mac?
popperthepenguin

2005-04-23, 21:13

Hi guys.

I'm in the process of buying a 15 Al. Powerbook, on the 29th, with Tiger. I haven't used MacOS since MacOS 5.1, so I'm attempting to dive back in.

I was really excited to see that they offered Halo, one of my favorite games, despite the fact that I do not own an Xbox. I bought Halo with the laptop, and purchased one of those Xbox to USB adapters so that I could use an Xbox controller with the Mac.

My only question is whether or not a wireless Xbox controller would work with such an adapter. Anybody have any experience with this? Any guesses? I don't really require wireless, but it would be nice.

...but maybe I'm pushing it...

-Frank

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. -Anon."
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-04-23, 21:24

Why would you want to sit that far away from your powerbook? Or is it just the wires that you object to?

Anyway, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs
.Hack
Valiant Vicks Vizier

2005-04-23, 21:25

I would suggest changing the title of this thread before Brad sees it... Nondescript thread titles => DEATH.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-04-23, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Hack
I would suggest changing the title of this thread before Brad sees it... Nondescript thread titles => DEATH.
Good advice. I changed it for you, popper.
popperthepenguin

2005-04-24, 19:41

Thanks for that. Sorry kinda a newbie.

The only reason I ask is because the wireless third-party ones are cheaper than the Microsoft ones. Kinda weird, huh?

Wires do get in the way, IMO.

Once again sorry to Brad...

-Frank
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-04-24, 21:42

I don't see why it wouldn't work, really. If it works with the regular controller, then it should work with the wireless controller and its receiver thingy, right?

Find a store with a good return policy (say, Target) and get one to try out.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-24, 21:56

Hmm... I have next to no experience in these matters. I just wanted to ask if your username was a reference to this classic book.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
popperthepenguin

2005-04-24, 21:59

Yeah, I read that book in third grade and always found it amusing. When asked about getting a pet, I always think about keeping a penguin in the freezer.

Yeah, I might try out a "Target Swap". Found a good pair of headphones that way (finally).

Thanks you guys!

-Frank