User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Tell me this isn't true about AppleTV (photo streaming)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Tell me this isn't true about AppleTV (photo streaming)
bobmoore

2007-03-24, 17:08

I can sync everything fine with my iMac. And I can stream audio content and movies from my Macbook. But I cannot STREAM photos from my Macbook. The photos don't show up in the AppleTV menu.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-03-24, 17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmoore View Post
I can sync everything fine with my iMac. And I can stream audio content and movies from my Macbook. But I cannot STREAM photos from my Macbook. The photos don't show up in the AppleTV menu.
It is true. Photos do not stream.

Also, you're lucky that you can sync or stream anything. Mine doesn't even do that. I have a MacBook with the proper airport config, and it won't stream or sync a damn thing.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-03-24, 17:14

Lack of photo streaming will be addressed in a future software update.
bobmoore

2007-03-24, 17:36

This is a very major disappointment to me. That's really what I bought the thing for. For all the hype, it underdelivers.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2007-03-24, 18:01

And it doesn't deliver anything for me...
hmurchison
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to hmurchison  
2007-03-24, 19:19

I worried about that too but then my worries dissipated when I saw how easy it was to upgrade the HDD. I think the only thing you really need to store locally for good performance is the video.

Photos and music should stream easily enough in the proper format but until then storing my photos and videos locally isn't too much of a bear.

omgwtfbbq
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2007-03-24, 19:30

I may be wrong (and I'm too ill to go up and check tonight) but I think if you want music with a slide show any music has to be on TVs drive. In other words you can't stream music to a slide show. If there is a way someone please tell me.
As it is, I just synced all my photos and a couple of hours worth of music to show the photos with. We had a party Friday night and it absolutely BLEW everyone away.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"