Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Apple Wired Keyboard: Number pad virtually deteriorating

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Wired Keyboard: Number pad virtually deteriorating
T-Man
The Hoarding Packrat™

2006-01-25, 18:57

I first noticed this a few weeks ago I'd say, and now I think it is further 'deterioarting'. My number pad on my wired Apple Keyboard is nearly useless for many things:

-From what I remember, it was first noticed in some web browser when trying to log into a site with my password which has numbers in it; after trying to use the keypad t enter it, I could not in any way switch between windows but to use CMD+TAB. Clicking on windows did nothing. I either force restarted or pressed the power button and then 'enter'.

-This has happened numerous times now. Although I can still use it to enter my password directly into the PB after coming out of a screensaver, and logging in after start(from what I know, I havent restarted in some days)

-But just now, I had to athenticate some files I was moving, and all windows froze while entering my password! I now know that using CMD+OPT+ESC will get me out of it.

My main question, any one know what is wrong!? Its as if my number pad is virtually deteriorating...