Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Steve Jobs needs to eat

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Steve Jobs needs to eat
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Fullthrottledesigns

2008-06-09, 14:08

I was looking at some photos from the conference today and this photo caught my eye. He looks unhealthy and I was wondering if something was wrong with him??

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2008-06-09, 14:10

Perhaps the RDF is carcinogenic ?
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2008-06-09, 14:10

His weight fluctuates depending on how poor is keynote is going to be.

He looked healthiest when the first iMacs came out.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-06-09, 14:11

next invention: the isammich
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2008-06-09, 14:14

Considering he had pancreatic cancer, he may be suffering from a rare, under-researched form of diabetes…
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-06-09, 14:25

Maybe he's getting older.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-06-09, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotcatbug View Post
Maybe he's getting older.
I disagree. Steve Jobs is probably getting younger.
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-06-09, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
I disagree. Steve Jobs is probably getting younger.
I did say "maybe."
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-09, 14:31

This sometimes comes up following a keynote address (I've done it once myself, a few years ago when he looked particularly gaunt and frail).

Yeah, if it wasn't Steve Jobs and you just saw a guy like this in a mall or grocery store somewhere, you wouldn't be blamed for automatically thinking "poor man...I sure hope he beats it."

That pic above is about the thinnest/frailest I've ever seem him look. But if you're an alfalfa sprouts/bean paste kinda guy, maybe that's considered "looking fit"? I don't know.

Although it just dawned on me that he's cleean-shaven as well (he's usually sporting some stubble or light beard), and that might show more of his face and jaw-line than we're used to seeing in recent years, and it just seems like he's thinner.

But his body looks quite skinny as well. Again, I have no idea. He's looked healthier and more robust, for sure. Even in recent years, since the cancer scare. Maybe he's just doing a lot of jogging or biking?
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-06-09, 14:32

Those eyebrows look fake to me.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-06-09, 14:34

That image looks vertically stretched to me...
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2008-06-09, 14:35

looks like John MacEnroe......"you cannot be serious!"
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2008-06-09, 22:28

My first thought seeing pictures from the WWDC keynote was that Jobs has lost a lot of weight. Didn't he use to have a bit of a tummy? He looked relatively haggard today, compared to past performances.

As Paul points out, maybe it's just the fact that he shaved. But I really think it's more than that. I wonder what kind of succession plan Apple's board has in mind for when Steve Jobs gives up his role as CEO (voluntarily or forced by nature).

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
Wrao
Yarp

2008-06-09, 22:37

Introducing the Steve Jobs Air: The world's thinnest, full featured, billionaire.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2008-06-10, 06:30

The man looks frail.
Terribly frail.
I'm watching the keynote right now and looks like he's having trouble moving and his shirt is drooping from his frame like someone who's seriously ill. There was an article some while ago saying that he had taken a long time to go for treatment for his cancer, and that some investors were angry that this had not been disclosed.

He's sick... just listen to listen to his voice without the video. His voice is pitched slightly higher and he sounds tired. It would be interesting to compared this with last year's WWDC keynote.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Jerman

2008-06-10, 16:23

I definitely got the same feeling when watching the keynote last night. As usual he did a great job, but I couldn't help but be worried for him...
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2008-06-10, 16:37

Appleinsider is saying that he has been sick (under the weather) according to Apple.
ronmexico

2008-06-10, 18:59

The man needs meat.
Jerman

2008-06-10, 19:31

TUAW posted this a bit ago:
http://www.tuaw.com/2008/06/10/steve-has-a-common-bug/

Seems to confirm he had a common bug. Sure hope that's all it is...

Edit: A comparison pic at Appleinsider:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...8&postcount=50

Last edited by Jerman : 2008-06-10 at 19:52.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-06-10, 19:37

Is the common bug a 7' tape worm? Steve + 20 lbs FTW. He's clearly underweight. Enough wegan shit. Eat some real food you rabbit!

Last edited by Moogs : 2008-06-10 at 22:18.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2008-06-10, 20:49

Sometimes I think Steve Jobs designs things to fit *his* lifestyle.

Some time last year, Steve is out of breath after huffing it up a flight of stairs with his bookbag:
"God... dammit... I'm too weak for this shit... get Jon Ive on the phone and tell him I... want a 3-pound laptop by... Macworld. While we're at it, let's start working on a lighter... iPhone too"

You ask me for a hamburger.
rampancy

2008-06-10, 23:16

According something I read on one rumour site (MacRumors, I think), the word is that the reason why he's been looking like this is that his wife has got him on a very restrictive vegan diet.

EDIT: Ah, here it is -
Quote:
"Time to get that man a medical marijuana prescription," says our own Jackson West. Or a decent meal. Gossip has it that wife Laurene Powell-Jobs has put Jobs on a radical, restrictive vegan diet.

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-06-11, 00:35

Oh, rich people and their silly eating habits. The guy has enough money to buy a national restaurant chain but he eats birdseed.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2008-06-11, 03:11

Notice, however thin he gets, he always still has a hint of a man boob.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2008-06-11, 06:33

Ah... linky no work
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

2008-06-11, 07:00

Sorry!

Doxxic
Veteran Member

2008-06-11, 10:24

I think he has taken identifying himself with his products to a new level.

Next year Scott Forestall will bring him onto stage in an envelope. Or pull him out of his smallest pocket.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2008-06-11, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Oh, rich people and their silly eating habits. The guy has enough money to buy a national restaurant chain but he eats birdseed.
Then who would be eating all that McDonald's, erm... stuff?

(Honest question- I never understood how fat people could be not be poor, not just from insane amount of food they eat but also the extras that goes with being fat...)
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-06-11, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Then who would be eating all that McDonald's, erm... stuff?

(Honest question- I never understood how fat people could be not be poor, not just from insane amount of food they eat but also the extras that goes with being fat...)
*sigh*

I don't want to get into a huge fat people vs. skinny people war here, but it's hard not to respond to your comments. It's hard not to eat unhealthy food when you're poor. Cheap food doesn't often include many fresh vegetables and fruits, and is more likely to have lots of processed sugar and flour. Beyond that, it's also a convenience issue. I for one am always having trouble with vegetables, not because I don't like them or don't know how to cook with them, but because I live alone and it's impossible to buy a quantity of vegetables small enough for me to finish them before they spoil.

Furthermore, some people can't gain weight no matter how much they eat, while others can't lose weight no matter how little they eat. It doesn't take an "insane amount of food" to make someone fat. If everyone in the world had exactly the same diet, there would still be fat people and skinny people.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2008-06-11, 10:56

Now, I won't argue you with vegetables, as I so totally sympathize with you; I always turn down 90% of greens because they're simply too much, and whatever they have in small enough size or open stock are unappealing...

I don't deny that there are some people who have challenges managing weights while other can basically eat crap and be the same old. My confusion is specific; more than once I've stood in a line behind someone whose girth could easily be triple mine and they order almost everything off the menu. This was what made me wonder how they manage to afford all that. Then there's that whole enchilada of health insurance, "fat tax" imposed by airlines and whatnots which seems to not deter them at all. I absolutely have no clue how much percentage of this particular people represent the whole spectrum of overweight people, and it easily could be 1% for all I know. It's just that their behavior is simply baffling.