AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

I want an iPhone dock.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I want an iPhone dock.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-11-04, 13:51

So I have this really cheap aluminum stand that allows the charging cable to pass through it. The problem is it sits to low and kills the cable over time. I would like an actual desk stand for the phone that is like Apple's except it doesn't have anything to support the back of the phone. I'll actually be tapping and such while it's in the dock.

Anyone have a good suggestion? I don't need a Watch charger in it, though I'm thinking about that too. It could be useful. I'm really trying to avoid ultra cheapo ripoff products without buying a name.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2016-11-04, 14:51

Stuff like that pops up on massdrop sometimes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-11-04, 15:19

What's massdrop?
D3hn

2016-11-04, 22:28

Which phone do you have and what's your budget? In any case here are few suggestions:

1. Belkin Valet charging dock - Seems quite expensive but with a Watch charger
2. AluBolt
3. Podi-m
4. Belkin PowerHouse Charge Dock - yet another one with a Watch charger from Belkin, cheaper than the first one.

Personally, I have not used any of these. Hope this helps.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2016-11-04, 22:50

I have an iPhone 7 that is in a case. Of all of those, the AlumBolt seems more like what I'm after. While I like the concept of the Belkin ones, they are just trying to steal money from me. There is little value in those products at that price. Under $50 is really what I was thinking, thought closer to $20 would make me happier.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
D3hn

2016-11-05, 00:30

I agree, Belkin docks are really expensive.

How about this? Encased Charging dock - supports slim cases
or Ziku dock - apparently supports many cases

Again, I am not using any of these.

edit: Ziku with watch dock
Dave
Ninja Editor

2016-11-05, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
What's massdrop?
It's a site where you & 2k or so of your closest friends all decide to buy the same thing to get a volume discount. They also do "non-mainstream" and "enthusiast" products and such. Cool site, but check that it's actually cheaper before buying something, because shipping isn't free and sometimes the "bulk discount" isn't any better than Amazon's.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.
tonykakkar46

2019-02-17, 04:44

If you don't want cable mess to give you stress, then charge your Apple Watch and iPhone at the same time without cables. It's really that simple.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2019-02-19, 17:41

Thanks Tony Kaka!!!

I love how helpful our new members are.

It shows that we've done a great job of creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for new people, who fit into our wild circle so very quickly and new low rates for HBO can be yours for only $15 each month, which includes roaming, tax, title, and destination.

Batteries not included.

[EDIT]: click here -----> X

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-02-20, 09:49

I never did get a real dock. Just a stand that can accommodate a cord being plugged into the phone. The same one I mentioned in my original post. I just keep the phone turned on it's side now. I'm even still on the same iPhone 7 that I posted about earlier. Oh well, guess it never moved to the top of my priority list.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2019-02-20, 19:26

We have the standard iPhone dock from Apple on our nightstands and it works perfectly well.

Did pick up a Qi charger for my desk that I like a lot too. Nice being able to just pick up and not have to worry about a plug.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
1claire

2019-02-20, 19:39

I have an elevation dock stand for my iPhone 8, I got it on Amazon. It comes with a douche and a little plastic thing for microwaving eggs, but I use it as a bed pan of sorts for mucus plugs.
murbot
Hoonigan

2019-03-05, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Thanks Tony Kaka!!!

I love how helpful our new members are.
It is pretty heartwarming, ain't it. LOL
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-10-18, 22:19

I finally ended up getting a dock I love. It has the flexibility to hold whatever phone I have with whatever case I have it in!

It was on sale at amazon a little bit ago for $25 so I jumped. I haven't stuck it to my desk yet, but that's because I'm about to rearrange my desk.