User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Should I get 3rd generation ipod or wait for the 4th generation ipod?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Should I get 3rd generation ipod or wait for the 4th generation ipod?
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-02, 14:55

I am currently battling what generation of ipod should I get. Should I crack and get a 3rd generation ipod, or keep on waiting for the 4th generation. With this news about the 60 GB HD, I am wondering if apple will drop the prices on the 15, 20, and 40 GB ipods. Any suggestions?

giggity
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-02, 17:00

Well, the story at .com says "this fall". You want to wait another 4-6 months? That's something only you can answer, depending on how much you like having your music with you and how much you imagine yourself using (or needing) an iPod right now.

Personally, I got tired of waiting, strategizing and playing that whole stupid game, and finally bought a 15GB model at Target two months ago. And I use it ALL THE TIME, so you gotta weigh that whole "immediate enjoyment/instant gratification" thing against the "gee, if I wait another 6 months, it might come in colors!" routine.

I'm glad I got one because I love it and I have no regrets whatsoever. I can't even fill up 15GB, so I don't really give a damn about 60GB.

I'm a real "why put off 'til later what I can enjoy now" kinda guy, so these kinds of questions are usually pretty easy for me.

Good luck.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-02, 17:06

Personally I'd say wait for the 4th generation to see if they release a new design, but that's just because I absolutely despise the 3rd generation iPod design. Touch buttons =
EDS66

2004-06-02, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
I am currently battling what generation of ipod should I get. Should I crack and get a 3rd generation ipod, or keep on waiting for the 4th generation. With this news about the 60 GB HD, I am wondering if apple will drop the prices on the 15, 20, and 40 GB ipods. Any suggestions?

I have a 15 GB ipod now, which I will sell as soon as the 60-gigger shows up. I need the extra space for data transfer. If you need additional space, wait; if not, buy now.