Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

The Paintings, Drawings, Art thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Paintings, Drawings, Art thread
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2009-12-03, 19:52

The catch-all thread for any creative pieces you've made, digital or analog. I did this today based on a photo of my dog. I'm still going to tweak it some more but I think it came out all right.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-12-03, 20:11

I love it! And I love Huskies <3 <3
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-05-04, 18:33

Thread necro bump!

Photoshop compositions count, right? Here's a lovely desktop background I made last week. As mentioned in the desktop thread, I've seen a bunch of "grunge" flags lately, but none were relevant to my interests. Enter the UFP grunge flag:

Previous to that, I had been using this simple one I made a couple months earlier:

I'll probably be contributing more to this thread later. Had to dust off those digital cobwebs first, though!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-05-27, 00:03

Am I the only one doodling here? C'mon guys and gals. I know you're up to something artstic.

I randomly did a little cash money upgrades tonight. Not sure what inspired me... just feeling a little rebellious, I guess?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2010-05-27, 03:37

We have Spock on our Fiver (with a bit of modification).

Looked a bit better on the old fiver.

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-05-27, 07:41

The Buddy Holly Lincoln makes me laugh, and the Spock is even better! Keep up the good doodles you anarchists!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-09-06, 15:39

Bumping the catch-all art thread and continuing on the Trek themeā€¦

I spent some time this afternoon making a new backdrop for my desktop.

1440x900

edit: even higher res. 1920x1200

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-25, 14:57

Bumpadump!

Here's my holiday gift to all of you: two Legend of Zelda-themed desktop backgrounds that I recently made.

For the first one, I took a high-res scan of the ALTTP box art, meticulously cleaned up the logo, trimmed it, and dropped it on a nice gold linen texture that matches the original color.

full size 2560x1600

For the second one, I took a couple of in-game screenshots, redrew and recolored parts of Link's sprite, and cleaned up various bits before recompositing it all back together.

full size 1920x1200

Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2011-12-26, 13:55

Oh man... I heart those.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-12-27, 00:02

right click

use image as desktop picture
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-12-27, 00:32

Which one? Which one?!

I used the previous one for about a month (I made it mid-October) on my laptop, switched to something else, and have been using the latter one since I made it one night last week.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-12-27, 00:47

I'm using the second one.