COVID-19 Outbreak

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
COVID-19 Outbreak
Page 8 of 8 First Previous 4 5 6 7 [8]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Yesterday, 16:18

Today I went to leave to go buy something from a store that I needed to get. My van wouldn't start. The battery had died. Guess I have been a hermit for a good little bit. I was able to jumpstart it, but now I need to add "take cars" out for a roll around the block" to my list of things to do while not going anywhere.

I'm not going crazy in this isolation. My family keeps me hopping and I have quite the project going on right now that is encompassing my whole family. Still, it seems odd that I'm supposed to wear and mask when going into the store. It isn't the end of the world but it sure seems like people think it is.

Then on the flip side you have idiots throwing COVID-19 parties to infect each other. Or go on spring break and damn the consequences. I don't care if you want to infect yourself, but quit spreading it to those who might be facing complications like death. Sure it might not have been that lady the infected him, but someone sure did.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Dr. Bobsky

Yesterday, 16:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
So you think the Chinese government lifted the lockdown on Wuhan Province because they’ve given up on trying to contain the virus? Doesn’t seem like a logical reaction at this point.
The lockdown hasn't been completely lifted, but if you envision that they understated the deaths by 10-fold, then the number infected could have been closer to 1-1.5 million if not more. Perhaps they think this is sufficient buffer in the event of furthering outbreaks (which are all but guaranteed).

I am not sure the Chinese government is going for logic at the moment. Given that the evidence suggests a more pronounced and deadlier outbreak there, there's no saving face by admitting things are worse than they've been reported. So go with what you've been doing and accept the consequence of more deaths... The world isn't really paying attention anymore...
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

Yesterday, 17:39

And, it gets more fun.
¡Damned!

Yesterday, 20:48

I pulled out of the closet and dusted off my sewing machine today - made myself a mask following these directions. Pretty pleased with myself honestly. Anna says the fabric I used makes me look creepy as fuck, so good to go I guess.

So it goes.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
Yesterday, 20:51

That could be a bad sign. In my mind more troublesome question is if COVID-19 could be transmitted from one person (or animal given the above) to another via, say mosquitoes bites? If it could be, summer could be bad news.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

Yesterday, 22:30

Dude, you've got to show pictures of the mask. Fine if you don't want to show it on your face but I'd love to see what it looks like.

To help brighten any day...though this could be real!

I mean, you could have made one like this:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

Yesterday, 23:07

709 probably used his jock strap.

I'm gonna make mine out of an auxiliary pair of underwear!