Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Help me find a MBP Thunderbolt dock please
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-03, 16:51

Thanks. Not sure why I didn't try that.

Anyway, the monitor on the left has the same settings as the one on the right and they are both the same model. ASUS VE278H. So the settings work on one monitor but no change made for the left one made a difference. At one point it did go from black to the OSD for HDMI1 No input but nothing other than that.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-03, 16:57

The one thing I haven't tested in a different display on the DP adapter while still using the right monitor. Basically test that the dock can drive both monitors at the same time. Given I've swapped the cables though and the left one still won't display makes me think that would be a waste of time.

The fact that is DOES display the Xbox content though... why does that have to work?

ASUS VE278 (2) is the left monitor.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-03, 20:57

So I grabbed a monitor off of my gaming PC and connected it after I finished work. It displayed an image, but it actually had "static" waves pass through it. Like analog static from an old tube TV. It was glitchy and when I hit my desk it went black and came back. So it is either the dock or the DP -> HDMI adapter that is the problem. Not sure why it would work with one monitor and not the other, but there is something wrong for sure.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-04, 08:49

My new cable was bad.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2021-02-04, 21:06

Have you sacrificed the chicken? Until you do that, no cable will work.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-04, 23:52

Remember to save the beak. If you don't, the chicken thing never works.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-05, 13:39

I thought it was the feet! That must be my problem.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-02-05, 15:46

After almost a day of things going well I still have the monitor on the left going black and coming back. I've changed out the cables and adapters. I've swapped their locations on the dock so a different port is feeding the data to it. The only things still the same is the monitor itself and the macOS that is pushing the data.

It could be software related... but I doubt it.

I sacrificed some eggs this afternoon. Does that count?