AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Cashout Cove Communal Tree Farm

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Cashout Cove Communal Tree Farm
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-01-14, 16:22

I see I've never actually announced the availability of the tree farm in the middle of Cashout Cove (literally... it's underwater) for anyone's use. Most players have taken advantage of the farm, but word of mouth is a strange thing, and some newcomers didn't know its presence/availability. At the farm there is a charcoal generator for those so inclined to sit back and wait for charcoal to be spit out at prodigious rates. Please note neither acacia nor dark oak wood are properly filtered in the generator so they will simply be 'debugged' until I add new filters. I will take this opportunity to announce two new additions to the farm: beacons of speed ii and haste ii so harvesting wood will be that much faster, be careful walking around as falls are more common with the speed buff. When I get a chance I will look into adding dark oak and acacia to the farm to complete the current set of trees.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-01-14, 17:30

Are you poking fun of me for falling off your walkway during my first visit?
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-01-14, 18:41

Possibly.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-01-17, 18:18

As promised: Acacia and Dark Oak can been harvested at the lowest level side room. I have NOT added these wood types to the charcoal generator yet, but will once i build up the motivation to repipe the hopper network in the generator. However there is a surprise: I have replaced two of the jungle trees with giant spruce (since the jungles weren't getting harvested all that frequently). I am considering replacing some of the now extraneous spruce in the main room with acacia and oak. Let me know if there is a definite preference in either case.

At some point I will build an alcove for purchasing saplings (likely at the first level where the side rooms are for all of the other levels) at Brad's discretion.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-03-30, 13:47

Given Brad's pricing on the saplings signs on each level, I cannot recommend using them for Oak, Birch, Spruce (normal), or Acacia. Purchase at the marketplace, otherwise you will be gouged.
¡Damned!

2014-03-30, 17:49

OR, say you're of a mind to go [oak, whatever] harvesting, buy some saplings at the mart first (30? just to be safe), harvest the farm, replant.

Put any extras in the chest for others that didn't have as much foresight as you.

So it goes.