Which way is up?

2022-02-09, 19:45

Need help from god-skilz person

So, I had a pick with all the things except Silk Touch. It was:

Efficiency XIX
Mending
Unbreaking XIX
Fortune XIX

709 gave it to me years ago, and now I've lost it.

I need it back for my Dig-It-Deeper project. We have the demon picks at the comm, but I have plenty of those. This was a demon pick with Fortune instead of Silk Touch. Very important!

Helps, plz!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2022-02-09, 20:20

Do you remember if it had a name? Brad has at various points throughout our worlds provided weird and wonderful tools via command blocks or other means... I may have an extra.

[edit]: Found one that's not exactly the same as the old one, but close (same enchants). I left it at your new house.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2022-02-09 at 20:47.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-02-09, 21:14

I have NEVER heard of a pick that powerful in the history of EVER.

¡Damned!

2022-02-09, 21:38

They're kind of ridiculous. Too brute-forceish for any kind of sculpting or fine-tuning a build, more for just balls-out running in a straight line and everything that's rock pretty much melts in front of you. Great for digging out large areas, but very dangerous in that by the time you realize what's happening you're already falling down a deep pit to your death or encased in an underground pool of lava.

There's a bunch of the Silk Touch variety at the CommEx if you want to try out dying in a brand new way.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-02-10, 13:04

I will give you anything you want. Should I just give you creative or is it a command I need to run to make that pick again?

Sorry, I'm really out of the loop on anything not vanilla at this point.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-02-10, 13:58

It's a command line thing, and I have no idea what that command is. I'll be on in a bit to dig around for whatever 709 left me. But, I could use a spare.

FWIW, I made a repair oops on the anvil which is how I lost the pick in the first place. I get ain't-played-enough-the-past-two-years doof points for that mistake.

Here's a thing I found which might be it:

/give @p minecraft:diamond_pickaxe{Unbreakable:1,Enchantmen ts:[{id:efficiency,lvl:1000},{id:fortune,lvl:1000}]}

If that works, you can just drop them* in a chest on my island.

* "Them" is up to you. I won't cry if the chest is full!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)

Last edited by kscherer : 2022-02-10 at 14:10.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-02-10, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Do you remember if it had a name? Brad has at various points throughout our worlds provided weird and wonderful tools via command blocks or other means... I may have an extra.

[edit]: Found one that's not exactly the same as the old one, but close (same enchants). I left it at your new house.
Where is my "new house"?
¡Damned!

2022-02-10, 15:44

The one by the chessboard? I thought you moved over there from the ocean palace.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-02-10, 15:51

OK, cool.

FYI: I moved the palace over there, but my "home" is still the island. I just haven't figured out what the new joint looks like, yet.

And thanks.

¡Damned!

2022-02-10, 15:58

Aha! That makes sense. A while back I marked off an area in the ocean E of the museum – some day when Brad's on maybe we can get him to move that thing that's blocking your sunset.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-02-10, 17:30

Thanks to 709. Appreciate it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-02-11, 09:01

Let me know if the pick I gave you works. Sorry I couldn't stay on long. I did updates on servers at work and it killed two of my domain controllers. There were only two domain controllers in that domain. That is REALLY bad. I was working on that when you logged in.

Glad to help either way though!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.