User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Adobe Premiere Questions?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Adobe Premiere Questions?
section8joe

2005-06-18, 22:31

I have used premiere for windows a few years ago. I was actually pretty good at it. It seems like i have lost all my know how with this program. I know that when you want to use a transition you need to put it between video 1 and 1a. For some reason premiere won't let me slide my clips so they can overlap and for some type of transition. How can i set up my clips so that they are overlapping?
question #2
when i capture and watch footage is seems to be interlaced. i can see a bunch of horizontal line throughout the footage. What is causing this? Is this normal?
question #3
i want to export to a dvd using idvd or some other program. i want people to be able to jump to different chapters on the dvd. can i make one big project and just add some type of marker that represents different chapters? do i have to make a bunch of different projects and just drag them onto idvd?
question #4
when i capture footage the audio goes out on the computer. It captures the audio when i replay the footage but i can't hear it while it is capturing. is this normal? can i change this?
question #5
when im playing a clip is appears to be jerky. i know when i used the windows version of premiere i checked or unchecked some checkbox and everything was fine. can anyone help me out?

i know i have alot of questions. i hope someone takes the time to reply to some of these.
thanks
joe
flail

2005-06-18, 22:45

#1 Not sure what you mean by overlapping, you just want the clips to be touching and then add a transition. Turn snap on (s) to make sure that the clips aren't a frame apart or else the transition won't place.

#2 What kind of cam, tapes are you using... more info would be helpful.

#3 I haven't used Premiere for ages, but IIRC you can assign chapter markers but they might only work if you export the DVD from Premiere (Which you can do in Pro, no clue if you can in the Mac version.)

Were you planning on exporting to an .avi and burning that using iDVD? I haven't used iDVD, but can't you make chapters in that? Otherwise, you can do it with DVD Studio Pro.

#4 I've never experienced this, nor do I understand exactly what you're talking about. You could listen to it through your cam while you're capturing.

#5 Yeah sounds like rendering prefs, framerate and resolution for previewing... Not sure specifically where to find the preferences, but try searching in help... Remember it won't affect the movies quality come time to export.

Hope this helps
section8joe

2005-06-20, 19:30

Why can't i add a transition. i can't slide the clip and overlap with the other clip. Is there a setting that i might have overlooked?