User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

New song of mine that I'm actually proud of!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New song of mine that I'm actually proud of!
Wrao
Yarp

2006-01-06, 15:43

Well, I make a lot of songs, many are simple ditties or grooves or whatever. I am nothing if not prolific, sometimes at the sacrifice of quality, but I have fun. Well, inspired by my friend's birthday(which was yesterday) I recorded her this song. I think it's one of the better songs I've recorded, despite a couple of quirks in the production, anyway, maybe someone here will dig it. There is actually an attempt at heartfelt vocals in this one!

>>Collyflower
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-06, 15:51

Your friend is pretty lucky to have someone that appreciates her so much as to write music for her. Certainly better than I could do, not to mention if I ever showed this thread to my better half she'd start in on "Heyyy how come you never write music for me? What is there something wrong with me? Do I not deserve some original music once in a while?" .

My GarageBand and STP songs are much less organic and real-sounding than yours... you can get into them and stuff but you don't really learn much about the composer (me) by listening to it.

Good job, man. And is this friend someone you wish were more than a friend by chance?

...into the light of a dark black night.
Wrao
Yarp

2006-01-06, 18:13

Thanks for listening. I can't outright say I wish her to be more than friends. We already are in a way. But I don't let such drama guide my actions. I just wanted to make a pretty song she'd appreciate. I make a lot of songs for people ya know?
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-06, 19:19

No problem. You made the effort; was glad to listen. Writing songs for lots of people makes you a righteous dude. Ferris would be proud. I sense at any moment that Carol is going to heap praise upon you (and well deserved it would be), for just this reason. It's not every day you find someone who just writes songs for people because it would be a cool thing to do....

PS - I think you should dedicate an extra-ass-kicking-good song for Murbot.

...into the light of a dark black night.