User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

macbook quality thread

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
macbook quality thread
tim2006

2006-11-30, 16:24

comparing the macbook to the ibook. is the macbook a better built notebook. I had an ibook for a week and was not inpressed with it compared to my powerbook. the macbook looks cool but what is its quality?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-11-30, 17:15

Really good from my wife's use. I would use it daily if it fit my needs, but the MBP is for me.

To compare it to a Dell Latitude that I have for a job thing, the MB is by far superior IMO.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2006-11-30, 19:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2006 View Post
comparing the macbook to the ibook. is the macbook a better built notebook. I had an ibook for a week and was not inpressed with it compared to my powerbook. the macbook looks cool but what is its quality?
I always steered clear of the iBook because it felt like it was poorly built. I owned a clamshell and a white iBook, and while the clamshell felt pretty solid, the white iBook felt cheap and plasticky.

I now own a Black Core 2 Duo MacBook and I love it to pieces. Everything except the glossy screen. Not because of the glare, the strong backlight negates most of it. But because it seems to pick up crap much quicker than a matte screen.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
tim2006

2006-11-30, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
I always steered clear of the iBook because it felt like it was poorly built. I owned a clamshell and a white iBook, and while the clamshell felt pretty solid, the white iBook felt cheap and plasticky.

I now own a Black Core 2 Duo MacBook and I love it to pieces. Everything except the glossy screen. Not because of the glare, the strong backlight negates most of it. But because it seems to pick up crap much quicker than a matte screen.
so you believe that the macbook is better built thand the ibook. better quality
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2006-12-01, 01:01

Quote:
so you believe that the macbook is better built thand the ibook. better quality
Speaking from personal experience and several reviewers, yes.
Partial
Stallion

2006-12-01, 01:23

Quote:
Like Kraetos alluded to, the quality is quite good. I say the MacBook is closer to the MacBook Pro ( best invention of 2006 according to Time ) than the iBook is to the Powerbooks.

I have one, and the build quality is top-notch. Carry it in my backpack at all times for the most part.
steve77uk

Send a message via AIM to steve77uk Send a message via MSN to steve77uk Send a message via Skype™ to steve77uk 
2006-12-01, 08:24

I have got a MacBook Black and I would honestly say in my experience it feels better, has a well built feel / solidness to it, compared to my Acer laptops and other Dell laptops I have had in the past both cheap and top of the range...

I wouldn't worry about the heat issue that was being banded about previousaly with them now, since the firmware updates and there is another nifty program i use to use to make the fans run faster (but since the firmware update, I have never had the need to run it)

It is always good to have a comfortable laptop, the operating system for me is a bonus, but for the chores of work, I have boot camp installed but hardly ever have the need to reboot in Vista for work these days!

Go for it...