AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Man Seeking iPad Pro case

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Man Seeking iPad Pro case
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2017-08-26, 09:19

Hi all,

I need your expertise. I'm using an iPad Pro (12") to annotate a variety of PDF files using PDF Expert. I don't need a ton of protection; I'm only really worried about scratching the camera lens (because of the camera bump) when the iPad is sitting on a desk or whatever there surface I'm writing on.

Basically I'm hunting for a case that's thin, only really covers the back to make the body flush with the camera bump. I don't want it to be too thick, such that the edge of the iPad begins to dig into my wrist while writing.

Any suggestions?

User formally known as Sh0eWax
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-26, 19:35

I've been looking too, but mine is for the 10" one. I haven't looked hard mind you, but keeping an eye out. I'm thinking I'll end up getting one that is clear silicone/plastic like my phone has.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2017-09-16, 03:01

More than you need perhaps, but I'm digging the 12.9" Logitech Slim Combo with Detachable Backlit Keyboard

All for £20 less than Apple's non-backlit Keyboard case (and with a wee sleeve for parking your Apple Pencil, too

My only gripe is that it isn't Bluetooth & Detachable for more remote ops, but I think I have an old Bluetooth keyboard around somewhere anyway, so I could always kluge that up if I really need it.

Until then, it's got pretty hefty armour, multiple viewing modes, pencil holder, backlit keyboard, and clean design

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-19, 10:38

I think was gets me most is that there was an Apple branded one for the 9.7" but not for the 10" yet. I keep finding them on the shelves at stores hopeful it will fit mine because they are all labeled the same, iPad Pro. This is where the extra confusion in branding really comes into play.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.