Oct 12th's Apple event webcast is now online
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
macdrake

2005-10-12, 15:49

http://stream.apple.akadns.net/

enjoy
kuliand

2005-10-12, 16:01

someone find a download as sone as possible these streams never work for me!!!!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-12, 16:03

kuliand:

Ever try changing your connection speed or transport protocol for QuickTime?
AtHomeBoy_2000

2005-10-12, 16:05

I am watching it right now. The PhotoBooth program has a "flash" built into the iSight. The screen turns a bright white to simulate a "flash". Pretty neat.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-10-12, 16:11

They don't seem to have a non-H.264 stream up this time; they did last time (hidden, but available). My compy is too slow to play this.
kuliand

2005-10-12, 16:15

ye i change the settings so they match my conection speed but i would prefer it if apple would just give us a download.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-12, 16:26

I have been having a heck of a time getting it to play without breaking up. Gee, I wonder if a lot of people are watching it right now??

Anyone had a copy of this so I can download it?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kuliand

2005-10-12, 16:29

perhaps they will put keynotes on itunes now imagine watching a keynote on your ipod. apple must of thought of this.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-12, 16:40

When I said "changing your connection speed" I meant to also try a slower connection. I've been watching the stream perfectly fine at the lower-resolution that is intended for 56K/ISDN users.

Also, kuliand, would you please shorten your signature? It doesn't need to be that long to point users to your filefront page. Our guidelines state that signatures should be limited to three lines of text or less.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
awilso

Send a message via Yahoo to awilso  
2005-10-12, 16:41

Its ok at 112kps but thats about the limit
awilso

2005-10-12, 16:46

This is the first Webcast from Steve where I find myself skipping through the presentation, there really isn't much content here and nothing new, just more functionality. Okay if you don't have any work to do.

The force is strong in this one
awilso

2005-10-12, 16:49

Man and the last third of the wecast is a Jazz band, poor - very poor Steve, I guess the challenge goes out the window when you no longer have a company to save.

Soon we'll be waiting 8 years for an operating system update.

The force is strong in this one
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2005-10-12, 17:22

It's all about suspense.
Gizzer

2005-10-12, 17:38

WTF. I just clicked the webcast link and all I get is the September iPod nano webcast?!!! What the hell's going on?!?!?!

No matter where I go on the Apple website, wherever I click the Apple Special Event link (it even had the red curtains icon) it still takes me to the September event page. I WANT THE NEW STREAM!!! What's going on?!?!?!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-12, 17:46

Try again.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2005-10-12, 17:50

Dear lord! If I have to watch U2 one more time I'm going to shit a brick!

47 minutes into the webcast...
Gizzer

2005-10-12, 17:52

Just tried again. Same thing. The September event..... What the hell's going on?!!!

Also, just downloaded iTunes 6 which says i need Quicktime 7.0.3 Can I find this download anywhere?!! nope.
Gizzer

2005-10-12, 18:07

Even wierder - just tried the same link on my iMac rather than my Powerbook & it too takes me to the September event. I can see "Oct whatever" in the safari address bar, but then it ends up still showing the Sept event.

Why would this happen on two completely different machines?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-12, 18:38

Clear your caches (see the Genius Bar FAQ).
Gizzer

2005-10-12, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Clear your caches (see the Genius Bar FAQ).
Yep. Did that. Same result

This is on two different Macs .

Curiously, I've just managed to get to the link using Internet Explorer WTF?! An MS product works fine, yet an Apple product has some wierd $hit caching issue going on.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
oldmacfan
Veteran Member

2005-10-12, 20:26

Well, having to use a PC at home since the wife doesn't let me use the iMac which is about to have it's seventh birthday. Every time I connected to the stream QT had issues. I could just be the fact that it is getting heavy traffic right now.

Mile 1
oldmacfan
Veteran Member

2005-10-12, 20:48

Well the wife went to bed and the video won't play with sound on my PC. I even have QT Pro. Even worse if I go to the Apple front page and click on the link for the new iPod ad, Firefox and IE both crash as the page tries to open.

Mile 1
oldmacfan
Veteran Member

2005-10-12, 21:25

Well piss, the iMac won't play them either...@!#$%
rasmits
rams it

2005-10-12, 21:41

Any catch Steve giving the iMac a 256 MB hard drive? Oopsies!
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2005-10-12, 21:46

I caught him calling the iPod an iMac.
oldmacfan
Veteran Member

2005-10-12, 21:58

Well now this is interesting. When I went through Firefox and clicked on the link for the Music video ad on the front page of Apple.com Firefox crashed...then IE did the same thing. And when I tried to watch the SE stream it gave me no sound (actually the sound starts and then cuts out 30 seconds in) going through either browser. Then the iMac, which granted is almost 7 years old, it just can't do it.

So how did I fix all this. Well I downloaded Netscape 8 and both are playing perfectly. WTF...I don't get this.

Mile 1
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-10-12, 22:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilso
Man and the last third of the wecast is a Jazz band, poor - very poor Steve, I guess the challenge goes out the window when you no longer have a company to save.

Soon we'll be waiting 8 years for an operating system update.
Hey, what's wrong with Wynton Marsalis? He may not be as well known as U2, but he's still pretty awesome.
rasmits
rams it

2005-10-12, 22:32

I hate that new iPod ad that he said took 2 years to make. It's stoopy.

Silly me, hearing Steve Jobs get excited about a commercial, and thinking it might be for something other then the iPod... Yes, silly me...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-12, 22:40

Does anyone else find irony in the fact that Eminem is featured in this new iPod commercial when not too long ago he was suing Apple for letting the little kid sing the same song in an iPod commercial?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-10-12, 22:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Does anyone else find irony in the fact that Eminem is featured in this new iPod commercial when not too long ago he was suing Apple for letting the little kid sing the same song in an iPod commercial?
Yes, I noticed that and found it funny too. Steve made a remark like "we've been waiting so long for this opportunity" though, which maybe was a slight wink at Eminem?