Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Restoring original toolbar buttons for Mail

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Restoring original toolbar buttons for Mail
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-05-14, 01:48

This is an issue I've had on my Mac for a while, but it was never enough of an annoyance to ask about it until now.

A few years ago, back when I had Tiger on my Powerbook, I discovered Mail Stamps - probably discovered it from here! Great little program that took the fugly capsule buttons that were on Mail 2.0, and replaced them with the beautiful buttons from Mail on Panther. I kept a copy on my computer just to have it in case, and when I bought my current computer with Leopard on it, I transferred over Mail Stamps to fix up Mail 3.0 - and ever since then, I've had this:

I assume that it's a matter of finding the original image files and swapping them out with what now is in the Mail images folder - question is, where would I find the correct files? I have a guest account on my Mac that I should be able to pull the original Mail button images from - hoping that I didn't go completely crazy and tried fixing Mail there as well.

From my scattered Googling tonight, it looks like Mail Stamps is no longer under development for Leopard ( ) and I'm the only fool who installed it on my Leopard machine, ran it, and then got rid of it without running an uninstaller (which it apparently had, but it's been so long since I've fooled with it that I don't properly remember).

If worse comes to worst, I'll just learn to get over my mild discomfort with Apple Mail, or I'll move back to using GMail's web interface. *shrug* However, any help that anyone can provide is, as always, much appreciated!

Guess our wishes don't do dishes or brake repairs...
Twitter | Flickr | last.fm | PSN: TheLittleDoctor
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-05-14, 02:37

I'd be more concerned with the fact that you have 7513 messages in your inbox.

That said, those buttons actually look pretty neat that way, but fucked up at the same time.
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-05-14, 09:13

IMAP connection to GMail account + lack of organization = that.

Eh, I manage, what can I say?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-05-14, 09:40

Like this?

I'll zip up the contents and post instructions later this evening.