User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 12 of 28 First Previous 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16  Next Last Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-09-29, 17:29

I think I've figured out what Brad's building. That is all.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-29, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I think I've figured out what Brad's building. That is all.

Impossibru~~!!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-09-29, 22:00

Dude, I've BEEN to Disney's Haunted Mansion, don't mess around with ME!!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-10-07, 19:47

Grey, is your rollercoaster simply going to circle the park?

(hoping the answer is "no, it's going to have all sorts of hills and mountains and twists and turns!!")

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-10-08, 00:04

Are you ready to witness Mr Grey's Wild Ride?

> 38 Hand picked riders
> Free admission
> Extensive design and scenery
> Extensive safety testing

> 4.48 excitement rating
> 30,696 ft of track

What's not to love?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-10-08, 08:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8NGGyGYnTk

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!
There behind a glass is a real blade of grass
be careful as you pass.
Move along! Move along!

Come inside, the show's about to start
guaranteed to blow your head apart
Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth.
You've got to see the show, it's a dynamo.
You've got to see the show, it's rock and roll ....

Right before your eyes we pull laughter from the skies
And he laughs until he cries then he dies then he dies
Come inside the shows about to start
Guaranteed to blow your head apart

You gotta see the show
It's a dynamo
You gotta see the show
It's rock and roll

Soon the Gypsy Queen in a glaze of Vaseline
Will perform on guillotine
What a scene! What a scene!
Next upon the stand will you please extend a hand
to Alexander's Ragtime Band
Dixeland, Dixieland
Roll up! Roll up! Roll up!
See the show!

Performing on a stool we've a sight to make you drool
Seven virgins and a mule
Keep it cool. Keep it cool.
We would like it to be known the exhibits that were shown
were exclusively our own,
All our own. All our own.
Come and see the show! Come and see the show! Come and see the show!
See the show!

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-10-08, 19:06

Quote:
Grey, is your rollercoaster simply going to circle the park?

(hoping the answer is "no, it's going to have all sorts of hills and mountains and twists and turns!!")

Yes and no.

There will be many hills, but any twists and turns would need to be designed to miss the remaining structures needing to be built, so, not a lot. Mostly it's a 2-lane traditional wooden rollercoaster. The majority of twists and turns will be saved for the FunHouse.

Also, fences. Holy shitpiles of fences.

So it goes.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-10-10, 20:58

Just finished the last stretch of roadway. There is now a lit roadway running back past my farm, along the mountain and ravine, past the jungle out to the swamp, around Owen's soccer field, and then back to the other tunnel and the road that leads to the desert:

I'm thinking about adding glass panes as a guardrail so it isnt too easy to slip off the edge on a horse. Any thoughts?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-10-11, 07:02

Nah, I'd vote to leave it open without guardrails. That looks really nice.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-10-11, 07:58

You *could* use nether fenceposts to come out 2 spaces away from the bridge, then go 1 stick up with one of those fancy lamps on top. That would look classier than torches... but wait, those require a redstone torch to work.

Crap. It was actually a good idea up until that point.

Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-10-11, 08:19

Quote:
You *could* use nether fenceposts to come out 2 spaces away from the bridge, then go 1 stick up with one of those fancy lamps on top. That would look classier than torches... but wait, those require a redstone torch to work.
Instead of a redstone torch, you could pop a lever on the top or backside and flip it on.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-10-11, 09:37

I think that might look kind of awesome.

Oh, instead of nether stuff could you use iron bars? Would that be a bit more "filigree"?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-11-09, 11:34

And I am back on the forums, decked out in light blue rather than the rather jarring red.*

Anyway: I was thinking our world needs a modern mob farm that doesn't break at the slightest update. Having had plenty o' time to get familiar with the amazing work of some incredible minecraft you tubers (if y'all haven't seen SimplySarc's work in vanilla minecraft, you're missing having to repeatedly lift your jaw off the floor), I think a design can be quickly bashed out... The only question is where: if the trimmed area of the world after 1.7 update is already defined, is it possible for Brad or Turtle to leave a post detailing that? I'd probably find an claimed region to light up/flatten to build the trap within that square...

* Until the mod with the grudge comes after me again. She'll do that sometimes...
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2013-11-09, 12:26

I believe we're sticking with the 0,0 plus one in all directions.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-11-09, 14:22

Brad is the definitive word on this but it's pretty much the map Elysium posted. That area is staying and spawn moved. This way we keep the world even though the terrain generation is going to change massively.

Nether is getting rebooted completely as I understand the plan too.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-11-09, 14:55

Yep! Turtle gets the gold star.
¡Damned!

2013-11-11, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
I'd probably find an claimed region to light up/flatten to build the trap within that square...
How large of a trap are you thinking? The easiest area to level would probably be the Southern desert, but if it's a smaller width trap and more tall I might suggest the area East of the roadways that leads into the swampland, or the large peninsula NE of spawn point. Either way, fun!

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-11-11, 12:30

I am now thinking high in the air above a bit of ocean... that way we don't have to worry as much about lighting up caves or ground (since the spawning algorithm spawns mobs within 128 blocks -- even if the rate of spawns is found to be anemic, lighting up caves under ocean is probably easier than lighting up a surface and the caves), and given the rarity of multiple users on at the same time, this should work if someone were to simply nether portal over...

The trap that I am thinking of isn't that resource heavy -- a double chest-plus of string and pistons -- the question is whether i need to incorporate some sort of mechanism for shutting it off. Given that it will be well above ground level, nothing should be spawning even if a player were directly below it on the ocean, I am leaning towards no...
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-11-11, 18:14

hmmm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Je3IpC1aY needs to be placed at spawn chunk...

The more I think about this, the more I would like for it to be seriously considered for the spawn chunks for when we move to the new area. It will keep the server running constantly as if a player is afk, so ultimately it is probably up to turtle...

Last edited by billybobsky : 2013-11-12 at 16:55.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-11-12, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
I am now thinking high in the air above a bit of ocean... that way we don't have to worry as much about lighting up caves or ground (since the spawning algorithm spawns mobs within 128 blocks -- even if the rate of spawns is found to be anemic, lighting up caves under ocean is probably easier than lighting up a surface and the caves), and given the rarity of multiple users on at the same time, this should work if someone were to simply nether portal over...

The trap that I am thinking of isn't that resource heavy -- a double chest-plus of string and pistons -- the question is whether i need to incorporate some sort of mechanism for shutting it off. Given that it will be well above ground level, nothing should be spawning even if a player were directly below it on the ocean, I am leaning towards no...
I think I will head to the northern ocean to build this...
¡Damned!

2013-12-03, 23:58

A small land claim if no one objects:

Right next to the Space Needle, basically. I'll need to do some very minor land work, but it'll be more of a park than a landmark.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-04, 01:02

Fine by me!
¡Damned!

2013-12-14, 15:45

1.7 claim! -750 ; 450 ish? I need to recheck it when I'm back on today.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-12-16, 09:51

I found a village! I neglected to lock everybody up before fencing it in and now I only have one villager left. Is there a way to have him procreate a new population?

Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-12-16, 11:40

Not easily...
kscherer
Which way is up?

2013-12-18, 17:06

Nether goodness.

This not a "claim" in the strictest sense of the word, just a note. I found a Nether Fortress at -292; 171. It appears to spawn into the ceiling. I am extending the West Tunnel in my Nether Base to that area for lack of nothing better to do. Those of you who want to explore, be my guest. I play from work, and dealing with monsters is not compatible, so I don't care if someone wants to go digging around in there ahead of me.

Have a day!

Edit: The path is now completed all the way to the fortress. However, it is unprotected past the halfway point.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2013-12-18 at 19:13.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-22, 19:20

Sheesh... a dozen wasted maps later, and I have barely enough coverage from the in-game maps to show where I'd like to make my next claim:

Shitty in-game maps are shitty. Why oh why can't they just start with you centered? Here's a better view with more context:

This is going to be a long-time build (kind of like the white house). It's not going to be super tall (maybe as tall as the money bin), but it covers a large surface area. I shouldn't be stretching much if any beyond the lines here. Any objections before/while I start clearing trees?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-12-22, 20:02

No gripes here. I should probably lay claim to the area I'd cleared. It's the cleared area near the Lego brick on both sides of the road.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-22, 20:10

I won't yet say why, RowdyScot, but you may like what I'm about to build.

Without giving any hints aside from the shape, you could probably guess it given only a few tries. I can say no more!

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-12-22, 20:27

Hmmm...will need a little more than just the shape to make a guess, but I'll take a look.