Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

MacOS Calendar "Get Info" box

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MacOS Calendar "Get Info" box
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2019-08-07, 13:51

So, I have two external screens hooked up to my MBP.

I like to run Calendar on the left hand one. What I'm finding is that when I hit "get info" or double click an event, it open the little Get Info box on the main laptop screen, often behind things I'm already working on. Is there a way to make it open the box on the screen that Calendar is on already? TBH, I hate the little free-floating popover box. Didn't it used to be in a sidebar or something?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-07, 13:54

When the box pops open, try scooting it over to the Calendar screen. It may remember its location and default there next time.

And maybe not. Worth a try, tho.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-07, 14:06

This is a very frustrating point for me too.

I haven't bothered really working through it because most times I end up working with the popup window since I know where it will land.

I will add that I use Calendar full screen and my Get Info window always ends up on the upper left corner of monitor 1. Normally it's behind something else... but it's there.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.