User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Free Zelda Game! — Four Swords (DSi/3DS)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Free Zelda Game! — Four Swords (DSi/3DS)
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-09-29, 11:37

If you have a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS, Nintendo wants to give you — yes, you — a free Zelda game. Why? Don't ask me! But you can get it right now via DSiWare (on the...DSi) or eShop (on the 3DS).

OK, so, it's the 25th Anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, and so they wanted to do something nice for fans, and by "do something nice" I mean "encourage DS lite owners to upgrade already." For a freebie, it ain't bad: it's an updated re-release of Four Swords from the Game Boy Advance. It's called Four Swords because it's multiplayer Zelda! Up to four (duh) people form a party of different colored Links, solving puzzles, defeating foes, and competing to see who can end up with the most GODDAMN IT THAT RUPEE WAS TOTALLY MINE, &c. Unfortunately, it's local multiplayer only — there won't be any HyruleNova smackdown — but hey, it's free!

New for this Anniversary Edition is a single-player mode, where one player alternates between controlling two Links. So you can play it even if you don't have friends! Also, a new "Realm of Memories" is unlocked after completion of the main game, featuring spiffy new retro levels. I'd post screens, but I'm lazy that'd spoil the fun, no?

It will only be available until February 20, and then it will be gone forever. Or else they'll just start charging for it. Idunno. But it's free now! So if your Internet connection is measured in "baud," you better start downloading right now.

And yes, you can download it on multiple systems, even if they're linked to the same Club Nintendo account. OH GOD I'M SUCH A NERD

3DS peeps: to run the game in its original DSi resolution, aka "tiny," hold Select while launching it (or any other DS/DSi game). Otherwise, the 3DS blows it up, which makes the graphics less sharp. The choice is yours!

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-09-29, 13:46

I will be DLing this come this evening. 3DS isn't currently with me.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-09-29, 21:04

Shame I can't download it on my GameBoy Advance!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-02-19, 21:51

Bizzump!

Last day to download it (for free, anyway). If you have a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS, hurry up!