User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

HP Laser Jet 1022 Ghost printing

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
HP Laser Jet 1022 Ghost printing
chinesebear

2006-03-20, 08:01

So for about the past 3 months, whenever i print something on our printer, we can see a ghosting of the image further down the page (basically where it runs over the same place on the toner). is there something i can do about this in the printer? i'd call HP, but i live in China...there webpages are pretty hopeless for me.
This problem has been getting much worse over the past few weeks...the handouts we are giving our classes are pretty ridiculous looking now.

Do i just need to buy a new toner cartrige (i shouldn't need to as i've certainly printed less than 500 pages in teh 6 months we've owned it)? i'd rather not shell out the money if there was an easy fix.

thanks for your help...
CoolToddHunter

Send a message via AIM to CoolToddHunter  
2006-03-20, 10:07

There are a number of things that could be wrong. This appears to be diagnosable by measuring the distance from the main image to the ghost. However, I don't really know enough about that printer to give more than that. For more on the topic, you might try here.
v.noir

2006-03-20, 10:43

If it was only bought six months ago, I'm sure you could take it to either the place you got it, or better yet an HP service center. Fingers crossed!

HP Centers in China

Just clicky on 黑龙江 and Harbin's listed - hope it helps.

...and all the wolves were found upside-down in a box!
chinesebear

2006-03-21, 23:43

thank you both for your help. i forgot about taking it to get repaired...i sometimes forget the simplest things living here in China. Also, v.noir, thanks for your research in Chinese...sometimes i forget that i can read some chinese and forget to look at that stuff. of course, after all of that, it started working better today...after two months of badness, now it gets better. go figure. thanks all