AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Power Support Crystal Film or Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Power Support Crystal Film or Anti-Glare Film Set for iPhone
remlemasi
Formerly “theelmerguy”

2007-10-09, 17:41

So.

I am deciding on purchasing the Power Support Crystal Film Set or the Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set for my iPhone

I believe this is another battle of glossy versus matte.

I read things about face oil and fingerprint smudges not showing up as much on the Anti-Glare Film than on the Crystal Film. Reviews have marked the Crystal Film as not even noticeable. But hte Anti-Glare Film is definitely noticeable because the screen won't be shiny anymore. I read that there is a slight bit of added "fuzziness" to the Anti-Glare Film (naturally).

Have any of you guys used these products? I think the Anti-Glare version is quite new, but the Crystal version has been out for a while.

And are protective films in general even necessary? Didn't PCWorld do a very stressful stress test specifically on the glass screen with no scratches resulting?

Let me know what you think.
Eugene
careful with axes

2007-10-09, 19:45

Completely unnecessary. The only aesthetic wear on my iPhone is on the metal rim even thought it's protected by a rubber Incase iPod sleeve. The glass surface itself is still in perfect condition.

As for oils...just wipe it with a microfiber cloth once a night or something.
remlemasi
Formerly “theelmerguy”

2007-10-17, 02:37

I agree that the iPhone's screen does not need protecting at all.

SO. I used the iPhone for a day with no film. Fingerprints. Face Oil Marks. Yucky Stuff. OMG.

There's no way I'd have enough self-control to clean the screen only once a day. I'd need to do it after every use and that would get annoying.

SO. I figured the Crystal Film would react the same way as a naked screen so there's no point in that. I went ahead and purchased and applied the Anti-Glare Film (matte). NO MORE YUCKY STUFF. I LOVE IT.

I also REALLY like the matte look. I think that this small purchase has also helped me decide that I will get a matte screen for my MBP (when I'm ready).