User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Photo Booth photos are corrupting my iPod!!!!!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Photo Booth photos are corrupting my iPod!!!!!!
jbsengineer

2005-11-06, 11:09

Has anyone tried synching Photo Booth photos with the new iPod? I've been troubleshooting this for a few hours now...

I'm using a Windows formatted iPod into the new iMac 17". I've been adding movies all week (no problems). Last night I decided to put all those goofy photos of myself and my girlfreind into iPhoto. Well all was good until I tried to synch them with the iPod. I got this error "The iPod "Josh's iPod" cannot be updated. The disk could not be read from or written to." I researched that error and fom others on the net with the same problem it boiled down to a corrupt music file... well my music has been working and syncing on there for over a week now and until I added these photos was when I got the error.

So I decided to back my steps up and I deleted the "Photo Booth" album from my iPhoto. Tried to sync and I got the error something in the realm of "This iPod cannot find the file to delete". At this point I'm like what the hell.

So I decide to restore it back to factory setting buy using the iPod updater. So I restore it using my PC and Synced it last night. Woke up this morning and everything is perfect. Until I try to add the photo booth photos. The first time they actually got onto the iPod. So I though the problem was solved (no idea why) but when I went to view the photos on the iPod they were there on the main album menu and inside of the album you can see them all at once. But once i tried to access them all they would display is white fuzz, like snow on bad reception tv. So I try to delete the album. It deletes fine out of the iPod. Then I try to just put 1 Photo Booth iPod back on and now I'm getting the error "The iPod "Josh's iPod" cannot be updated. The disk could not be read from or written to."

Anybody get there photo booths files on the iPod yet??? Anyone have any ideas what is doing this? I'm really confused...

Josh
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2005-11-06, 11:16

Stop Windows-Formatting the iPod!
jbsengineer

2005-11-06, 11:23

before you posted that I already had starting formatting it in Apple. I really wanted to be able to transfer files between MAC and PC with it though. But it this works...oh well.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2005-11-06, 11:33

It's Mac, not MAC. it's a name not an abbreviation!
Batman

2005-11-06, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKIDelirium
It's Mac, not MAC. it's a name not an abbreviation!
What happened to the censor tool that replaced MAC with Mac? Or was it causing trouble in links along with the iPod censor?
faramirtook
A for effort.

2005-11-06, 12:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
What happened to the censor tool that replaced MAC with Mac? Or was it causing trouble in links along with the iPod censor?

I don't think we ever had one. MAC is an abbreviation, for Media Access Control, as in MAC address.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-11-06, 12:37

Exactly. There are actually several other perfectly legitimate uses for "MAC," but naming Apple's computers is not one of them.

As for the iPod/iMac/etc filter, I removed it after a discussion in the Feedback forum. Browse or do a search for details.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.