User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Tales from the Apple Nova "Contact Us" Form...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Tales from the Apple Nova "Contact Us" Form...
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-07, 12:47

We get some weird stuff in the "Contact Us" form we have on this site. It's not the easiest thing to find either, but people do. Last week we received an email from someone in Nigeria that was ready to order from us. Took me a minute to remember that we had a store, although I'm sure it was some sort of scam. Today we got this gem in the email box, and I honestly just don't even know where to begin...

Quote:
Hello,

This is Sifrash Ademe from Seattle, WA. I have a single mom who has three children. My mom bought a house so all of us can be together. But, sadly my two brothers left us alone and have thier own lives. Therefor, we have lots of rooms for by ourselves and a garden to do. But, mom my works every-day with her pain everyday to keep this house. We try to clean up our garden, but it was hard for us being a women. It has a lot to. We can't hire someone and clean up for us, but my mom also helps her parents in Ethiopia. So, we can't affored it.

Now I am a senior in high school. I have a long way to go to help my mom. All I am saying is that after work she comes at 11:00PM trying to rest, but her back pain won't let her sleep for her only 5 hours sleep everyday. Thus, I want to do something for my mom, but it is out of my will. Therefore, I am asking a help for my mom to be happy. because I want to give her something for a mother's day. thus, it will be worth it for her if she gets a makeover on her house she bought for us.

So, is there a way to register for house makeover?

Thank you
God bless
Sifrash

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
wuf

Send a message via AIM to wuf Send a message via MSN to wuf  
2005-03-07, 12:56

Not sure whether I am supposed to laugh or cry......
According to the Seattle Times (via Google), Sifrash Ademe runs track in Seattle.....That's all I know..
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-07, 12:58

I'd just like to know when we started producing our own home makeover show... I clearly didn't get that memo. I mean, we don't really have the budget for anything beyond sending Murbot over to someone's house with a sledgehammer.

... which would be pretty entertaining, but I don't think that's what Sifrash Ademe was hoping for.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
wuf

2005-03-07, 13:03

You don't do home makeovers? Then what DO you do with the membership fees to this site??? I want my money back....
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-07, 13:11

heh, we received an email from someone in the UK about four months ago I guess demanding his money back for his subscription to this site. Turns out he was an AOL user and thought his AOL subscription was for this site. *sigh*

LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-07, 13:17

Here's the one we got from some Nigerian guy...

Quote:
Dear Sales,
Good Day, I am Mr jasper from Nigeria and I will like to place an order
from you and i want you to provide me your website so that i can go and
pick
the items i need from your store and i will like to know the shipping cost
by UPS or FDX andmy paying method is Visa Card,Master Card, Paypal.
I will be waiting for your reply.
I am online now for the reply.
Best Regard
jasper....
wuf

2005-03-07, 13:21

I wondered what ever happened to Mr jasper....Good to see he's doing well...
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2005-03-07, 13:35

Apple Makeovers...
Per the original commercial, we could use a G5 tower to knock holes in walls...

Unless she's holding out for a home version of the glass staircase...
Chinney
Veteran Member

2005-03-07, 14:02

Actually, I could see this as a basis for AppleNova setting up one of those reality TV ‘self-improvement’ shows, only this one would be computer themed. You could call it: What Not to ‘Ware.

You could open the show with pathetic shots of people looking dull (Dell) and glum as they struggled with XP on their ugly PC boxes. Then move on to shots of XP software boxes – and PCs themselves – being trashed.

And then would be the handover of the AppleNova credit card and the computer shopping trip. People would always and only come back with Apple computers, whether iMacs, G5s, Mac Minis, PBs or iBooks. Then they would have their hair and make-up done, to fill some air time and to “boomp it up a bit”.

Each show would wind up with shots of the lucky contestants looking pleased, using their new Macs, while their families clap and make comments like “I always knew she/he could be beautiful if only they had a whole new operating system”.

When there's an eel in the lake that's as long as a snake that's a moray.
wuf

2005-03-07, 14:08

Quote:
"I always knew she/he could be beautiful if only they had a whole new operating system”.
Doesn't work with quite everyone.....Some people are ugly no matter what......
Zodiac
Shiny, Musky, Fleshy Member

2005-03-07, 16:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuf
Doesn't work with quite everyone.....Some people are ugly no matter what......
Who cares? They'll have shiny computers.