User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Cars
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-05-21, 11:01

Dunno about ratatoille, but I feel that with almost certainty, toy story 3 will suck donkey's green balls.

When will they ever learn? Gimme me a original story, dammit. Don't keep it up until you have to include children and make them a old cooters!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-05-21, 15:41

Foj: That's the one! "Here in my car..." *speeds off to the iTMS*

FFL: That's okay, man - vinyl is cool.

I'm getting this little tiny Newmark table - it's 12"x12", so it'll fit it record crates (12" records have to play off-center!). It's belt-driven, but it's not like I'm going to go all Scratchmaster Roboman on it. (Though that does have a nice ring to it, don'cha think?)

That's probably my pet peeve with playing vinyl at a high school party. Most of the people are cool with it - there's actually some even snobbier audiophiles than me...you know, the "digital killed music" crowd - but there's always some ridiculous poser (who I probably didn't invite) who tries to "DJ" the turntable. Inevitably, it's a rare album, too.

But I digress.

I actually saw this one even smaller record player on TV once, but I haven't been able to find it. It's not a turntable - it's this little car that "drives" around the stationary record. It probably sounds like crap but it looks so cool!

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong