Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck
Page 8 of 10 First Previous 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2011-11-07, 20:32

Indeed, I would pick the museum above all else because a) it's unfinished in its current state and b) once it's finished and I have the major exhibits built I wanted to bring the community in to decide on and build their own. It was always kind've meant as a community thing, which is why I was so bummed when we had to move worlds. Star Wars exhibit? check. History of Antarctica? sure. Potions galore in the search for the cure? Of course. I think it would be wildly fun.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-07, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
On an unrelated note, someone's taken most of the green (client side error):
Maybe we should rename the area Loch Gray.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-07, 20:58

Quote:
Could we make it a throw back area of the map, ie: little to no further development with everything next to each other? (fixing things is allowed) It could even be a cityscape planned by you, Brad, if you want.

I would have moved the modern house I built. It would take some doing, but I think I could get it fixed up. The hill is the bitch part of that, though I could certainly landscape around it to fit it anywhere.

Also: I think 709 will want his museum.... but can I suggest that we also pick (in addition to the one/person) say 3 community selected structures... I would nominate 709's hotel, the space shuttle (since I suspect Brad's transport would be the moneybin or the airport), and k's lodge.

Other structures we will likely be building replacements of: the AN sign, the hostile mob trap (designed to preclude owen's from spawning)...
All sounds reasonable to me!

Yep, I'd probably pick the money bin. Though, I might instead scrap the resources and rebuild it from scratch. It looked perfect from the outside, but a few things about the internal arrangement always bothered me.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-07, 21:12

The bridge is the one thing I think I would really want. 709 did the fixing of it too so it wasn't all mine. I'm sure Mrs T would want the Pagoda at least.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2011-11-07, 21:17

With all due respect, I don't think my hotel is worthy of the move from BP to our new world. Yes, I love it and am proud of it, but there are far better things to move over besides that.

I vote Skyranch.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-11-07, 21:50

This is why there is a nomination process. ;P

Also: don't minimize the aesthetic virtue of the Gherkin, all of the other buildings in our small little world are positively prismatic.
¡Damned!

2011-11-07, 21:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Maybe we should rename the area Loch Gray.
WASN'T ME!

/Calvin
¡Damned!

2011-11-07, 22:00

Quote:
This is why there is a nomination process. ;P

Also: don't minimize the aesthetic virtue of the Gherkin, all of the other buildings in our small little world are positively prismatic.
Oh, no, I love the Gherkin. Don't get me wrong. In fact, I really like the idea of a close-knit hodge-podge of bygones places. It's like a sci-fi thing that I can't quite put my finger on. Like when aliens were collecting landmarks together or some shit. I'll think of it.

Obviously, everything depends on our new home. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-07, 23:54

Gherkin, museum, skyranch, moneybin: yes, yes, yes, yes.

And the Coliseum.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-11-08, 00:00

Yeah, I'm cool with all of those as well. The mob trap, too, if we can find a convenient spot where it won't be a blight on the surrounding landscape.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-11-08, 00:12

Because of resources, Parapa. I can redo the bars, and there were a couple of things I didn't like about the setup in two of them due to confined space. Now, I could effectively do it as I'd have liked from the beginning.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-08, 00:16

This is what a lot of arrows and time to get 40 XP will get you:
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-08, 01:18

Wait, it just GIVES you one? Or the abilities are available to you with those XP and that sword?
SpecMode
Wait what

2011-11-08, 01:35

You have to already have the sword (or whatever you're enchanting). You apply the enchantment using the enchantment table, which costs the required number of XP/levels (which, for diamond gear particularly, can get quite ridiculous).
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-08, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Yeah, I'm cool with all of those as well. The mob trap, too, if we can find a convenient spot where it won't be a blight on the surrounding landscape.
We'll just redo the mob trap -- it needs to be heavily modified to prevent Enders from happily escaping. Buried this time...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-08, 10:31

Quote:
We'll just redo the mob trap -- it needs to be heavily modified to prevent Enders from happily escaping. Buried this time...
Buried, and under the ocean!

Also, if Notch adds a way of returning from The End, we could set up an Owen trap there. Either they aren't interested in picking up end stone blocks or they just don't pick up anything in The End. Hard to tell.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-08, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Buried, and under the ocean!

Also, if Notch adds a way of returning from The End, we could set up an Owen trap there. Either they aren't interested in picking up end stone blocks or they just don't pick up anything in The End. Hard to tell.
If under the ocean, I'm thinking we could make a path to it from my tunnel. Also, my tunnel is apparently heading right for someone's structure, with all the caves under there having been previously explored. I'm gonna slant out a bit and go more towards open ocean, I guess.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-08, 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
If under the ocean, I'm thinking we could make a path to it from my tunnel. Also, my tunnel is apparently heading right for someone's structure, with all the caves under there having been previously explored. I'm gonna slant out a bit and go more towards open ocean, I guess.
Ah, but this would all be in the new 1.0 map. The plan is still to torch the current world when 1.0 drops. A new version of bukkit should surface shortly after the 1.0 release, and then I'll be able to experiment with multiworld plugins for transporting structures back and forth.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-08, 13:16

Well, I'm still planning to build some underwater tunnels in the new world.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-08, 13:18

Also, further confirmation the 1.0 is coming soon:

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12463452801/nervousness
Quote:
Next week is MineCon week. That means we’ll release the full version of Minecraft (which will be called “Minecraft”, and have a version number of 1.0. The current version is “Minecraft Beta”). We’ll keep working on Minecraft for a long time after the full release, but it’s a huge milestone.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-11-08, 13:55

Yup! IOW, Loch Greene may soon become a thing of the past...

We should figure out what everyone is hoping for in the new world. I'm hoping to have our main city be oceanfront property with pine forests nearby...not unlike what we currently have. I'm also hoping for tons of area to explore nearby, so that we don't end up with a tangled mess for caverns underneath.

¡Damned!

2011-11-08, 14:00

So savannas exist apparently. I was wandering around the BP map and realized that it stopped raining around FM, even though there was grass (I always assumed the rain stopped at desert blocks but rained everywhere else). That could be nice for a new city.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-09, 14:35

I want a very similar setup to what we have now, but it would be nice to have giant towering mountains in the vicinity. Loch Green is keen, and would be keener if we also had an area of gridded development reminiscent of Bridgeport.

We started to have something like that in our desert habitat, but not quite. I think you'd be surprised at how a defined set of pathways provide a compelling framework for construction. When you design for access to standard paths of travel you add a layer of ordering. It's just a thought, mind you.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-11-10, 16:07

No-one online the last couple of days? Have you all run away? I have so many potions to share!

If I got to pick a building, I'd like the Library. And I'd like to do modifications to the inside so that a max-strength enchantment table was at the centre.
¡Damned!

2011-11-10, 16:19

I was on for a short time last night, but honestly I've been having a lot of fun wandering around BP. Things have definitely changed with the transition to the newest version of MC. The passive trap seems to be in a non-animal-producing plain now (possibly part of the FM savanna).

I've been keyboard-mashing a little bit too looking for a world where spawn is close to an area like Loch Greene plus having mountains, deserts, plains and forests nearby (a close snow biome would also be a bonus). Not really any luck yet.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-10, 18:05

Could we use the same seed as our Loch Green world?

We could just ask Bruce to build us a rugged mountain in the background, he's pretty good with massive projects ;D

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-10, 18:05

During the week I'm swamped with work. No time for gaming most nights. I'll be on over the weekend, though.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-11-10, 18:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Could we use the same seed as our Loch Green world?
Nope! That's no fun.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-11-10, 18:43

I'm pooping while I'm waiting for sunrise out in the desert, in case anyone is trying to talk to me right now.
billybobsky
BANNED

2011-11-10, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
No-one online the last couple of days? Have you all run away? I have so many potions to share!

If I got to pick a building, I'd like the Library. And I'd like to do modifications to the inside so that a max-strength enchantment table was at the centre.
My entire schedule seems to have been hit hard by the time change and travel to Europe. Most nights I am asleep by 10 pm, which is ridiculous and which leaves little time for take home work at night that comes as a priority, unfortunately.