User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Amy Winehouse: scary, but not dead yet! Edit: found dead 2011-07-23.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Amy Winehouse: scary, but not dead yet! Edit: found dead 2011-07-23.
Page 2 of 13 Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  Next Last Thread Tools
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2007-07-12, 09:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Paulie Boy here is right, you guys. The "then" picture is mirrored horizontally meaning the tattoo is on her right arm which is hidden in the "now" picture. She still has that tattoo and had that one before the ones all over her shoulders. All it takes is pinging Google Images for a few seconds to see that. (1, 2)

Now, can we finally shoot that argument in the head?
She's still horribly disgusting...

thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-07-12, 09:20

Yuk Yuk Yuk. .

¡Damned!

2007-07-12, 10:55

Whatever. I think she's kind of cute in an odd way (though her talent may be swaying me...I really like her voice). Any chick that gets a shirt pocket flap (with button!) tattoo above her tit is teh win.

So it goes.

Koodari
Veteran Member

2007-07-12, 20:31

I think she was attractive at the time of her first album. Just look at the videos on Youtube.
With enough tattoos, eyeliner and sickly thinness, eww.
The fact remains I've never seen a tattoo make a woman look better. Counterexamples welcome.

RichieB

2007-07-25, 13:26

*bump*

I had to! This takes the cake.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-25, 13:36

Okay, I'm gonna go vomit a bit now. Thanks.

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-07-25, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Okay, I'm gonna go vomit a bit now. Thanks.
No kidding. She seriously looks like a sick old woman. Ugh.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-07-25, 14:47

She looks like a concentration camp survivor... sad...

Gizzer

2007-07-26, 04:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieB View Post
*bump*

I had to! This takes the cake.
Yeuch

...And isn't she only in her early 20's? Her skin looks like she's in her 60's in those photo's!

Interesting voice (not my cup of tea - although Rehab is quite catchy).

She should really hurry up and go kill herself with an overdose along with Pete Doherty.

At least some good might come from it (evils of drugs etc).

Yes I know it's a harsh comment - but seeing Stars actively flaunting their drug fueled lifestyles really winds me up. It amazes me that Kate Moss is still raking in the money too given that Pete's habits have clearly rubbed off on her.....

Last edited by Gizzer : 2007-07-26 at 04:53. Reason: Comment about Rehab

Doxxic
Veteran Member

2007-07-26, 04:44

I love Rehab and Tears Dry On Their Own. We play her music a lot at home and you hear it a lot in cafes and lunch rooms over here.

And yes I do think she's scary! Drugs, tattoos and eating disorders scare the hell out of me. Although she's basically pretty much my type (whimsical, dark hair, big eyes ).

I don't think it makes sense to complain about the combination of stardom and drug abuse.
The idea that a celebrity is a role model may be true when you look at the way people perceive them, but it's really bullshit of course. People should just realize that one will find a lot more self-destructive idiots among the jet set in Cannes than there are among the worms right outside our doors.

What makes me happy about her as a role model though, is that she shows that what really counts in the end is musical skill - when it comes to music, that is to say.

BTW did y'all know that the never-aging Prince has invited her to play with him in London, but she's said she won't be available...

Last edited by Doxxic : 2007-07-26 at 07:38.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-07-26, 08:47

I'm tired of the whole role model BS in general. A kid should basically have two role models in his life and that's enough: parents and his/her brother or sister. Maybe you could argue one's teachers are role models too. Otherwise, bag it. No one else out in the world is responsible for instilling the right virtues in a kid.

Least of all entertainers and athletes, who quite frankly, should conduct themselves like professionals not because "they're role models" but because they have some semblance of self-respect, respect for the teammates / bandmates, and in general because it's what you're supposed to do. Not because "some kid is counting on you."

All this "it takes a village" crap makes me want to vomit. It takes good parents and in some cases good siblings, or both. Without that, a kid has little hope unless he ends up with a decent foster family or similar.

And the idea that this utterly screwed up woman is a roll model because "she can still sing" is laughable. She's a poster-child for "all fucked up and going nowhere fast" if you want my opinion. She keeps it up and she won't be singing much longer.

...into the light of a dark black night.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-26, 09:57

I agree on that last part.

Other stuff, I can go either way. Yeah, it's not a person's job to be a role model if they're a professional athlete or whatever. It's not something they sign on for on do on purpose. But it's that whole Spider-Man thing: with great power...

I know many don't want it (and that's okay). But if they did the things Moogs says for the right reasons (out of self respect, honoring their teammates, etc.), the "role model" thing kinda takes care of itself and just becomes an invisible, added feature.

Nobody's perfect, but some folks seem to want to go out of their way to make themselves less perfect.

All I know is that if I were in a high-profile position, blessed with fame and money for throwing a ball around or strumming a guitar, while I have no aspirations to be a goody-goody or walking PSA or Afterschool Special, I would still want to be thought of as a good person.

I'd rather be a Cal Ripkin or Vince Gill than a Michael Vick and Pete Doherty. That's just me.

I don't have any real demons or vices so it shouldn't be that hard. I'm not having to hide a drug habit or debauched lifestyle from anyone, and pretend I'm something I'm not (that's where so many of your famous types get into trouble).

I always thought that if I were famous, I would never want to disappoint a kid. While not seeking "role model" status (because I'm human and fallible as anyone and just as likely to get caught with seven strippers and a five gallon drum of baby oil), I'd have a tough time turning down an autograph or posing for a picture with a kid. I know how special I've felt as a kid when someone I thought was cool and famous took 20 seconds out of their life to do that for me.

Whether people wanted to call me a "role model" or not is up to them. But I wouldn't mind people saying "that Paul guy has his head on straight, remembers where he came from and it doesn't seem like fame and money have affected him a bit...he stopped by our table last night, signed autographs for the kids and acted like there was nowhere else he'd rather be at that moment."

But people looking to folks like Amy Winehouse and others as role models need their heads examined.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-07-26, 10:02

Or if they could take a lesson or two from Harrison Ford. Heck, he could do a speaker circuit on how to conduct a private life as a celebrity!

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-07-26, 12:26

Don't get me wrong; I give zero free passes to celebrities who get themselves into serious trouble / cause other serious problems. I'm just saying the motive people assign to why they should conduct themselves more respectably, is all wrong IMO. Like you say, the role model thing should be a side-benefit, not a motive. Though there's nothing wrong with it, if the athlete feels strongly about kids, etc.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2007-07-26, 12:32

Scary

NSFW

Spoiler (click to toggle):

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-07-26, 12:34

I agree.

What I can't stand is to see "manufactured role model behavior". To see people you know are low-life shits talking out of both sides of their mouths (just covering all their bases, I guess), and giving lip service to "being a strong, positive role model for kids".

They usually say this about 7-10 days before they're arrested (and videotaped) snorting meth off an alligator's dick while pissing on his girlfriend's underage sisters.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-07-26, 12:42

Don't forget the firearms possession charge.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-07-26, 12:48

I like her big-band style, its good music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6LVGcIC1Tc

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-08-28, 20:12

Okay, I wuv my fellow 'Novans, therefore I'm going to put the following into spoiler tags, and let you know that it's possible NSFW material. It's a picture of Ms. Winehouse reclining in the Bahamas (after bolting rehab after a grueling 23-minute stay ).

I saw this about 3-4 hours ago and I haven't been quite right since...I'm disturbed by the black ring on her foot. My first impulse is to call it wet sand, but then it seems to be in the shape of those nasty ballet slippers she's constantly photographed in, so that means...

...and I just threw up in my mouth a little once again...

You've been warned, so I don't want to hear any shit about it...I would suggest you not be eating, having just eaten or are about to eat (in fact, you should just go on a four-day fast to be safe).

NSFW (not really safe for anything, now that I think about it...):

Spoiler (click to toggle):

It disturbs me greatly.

I'm posting it here mainly because I expect some hilarious comments from a couple of people in particular...

BTW, I've officially answered my own question I posed at the start of this thread: scary.

Very.

murbot
Hoonigan

2007-08-28, 20:29

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-08-28, 20:35

Girl gonna die. I hear she does the hard stuff. Idiot.

tomoe
Veteran Member

2007-08-28, 20:49

Jesus loves a little hedonist.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-08-28, 21:16

paul,

your warnings weren't sufficient. you needed to have posted them above and below the image. i lost my dinner because of you and amy winehouse.

Doxxic
Veteran Member

2007-08-30, 06:34

Quote:
I'm disturbed by the black ring on her foot. My first impulse is to call it wet sand, but then it seems to be in the shape of those nasty ballet slippers she's constantly photographed in, so that means...
Aw come on, give her a break... Looks like wet sand to me... Why not? It at least seems not to be on her other foot. If someone's a junkie that doesn't mean that everything about him/her is related to that. Isn't it sad enough that they usually have forgotten so themselves?

Overall, she doesn't look worse than most people on the beach...

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-08-30, 08:14

Yes, of course. Whatever you say.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-08-30, 08:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post

Best ever use of decision tree logic, as applied to a pop star's life.

And, yes she does look worse than most girls her age (what's the point of comparing her to "most people"?) when laying on the beach. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their eyes checked / hasn't seen very many (healthy) girls her age on the beach.

Taskiss
Veteran Member

2007-08-30, 08:24

In the looks department she reminds me a bit of a low rent female version of Prince.

You gotta love the little mustache she has!

Doxxic
Veteran Member

2007-09-04, 04:41

Quote:
Yes, of course. Whatever you say.

I must admit that the beach crowds in Holland can hardly compare to what we get to see from American beaches over here. Seems like in the US not everyone goes to the beach...

AWR
Veteran Member

2007-09-04, 06:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxxic View Post
I must admit that the beach crowds in Holland can hardly compare to what we get to see from American beaches over here. Seems like in the US not everyone goes to the beach...
It's true, you're more likely to find our unhealthy people worshipping garage doors than on the beach. And I'll look at Amy Winehouse in a bikini all day rather than see the protaganists in this clip put on something cute and do some frolicking in the waves.

SFW: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=450_1188520073

That said, there's no denyin that Amy is a bit gross. And that video clip of her singing about Tears Drying on Their Own was pretty weak, imo.

I hope everybody has a nice day.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-04, 08:46

Again, why compare her to 50 year old obese women with acne? Apples to apples and all that. She's skankerific, end of story.