User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Amy Winehouse: scary, but not dead yet! Edit: found dead 2011-07-23.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Amy Winehouse: scary, but not dead yet! Edit: found dead 2011-07-23.
Page 3 of 13 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2007-09-04, 10:17

I think she's sexy. (I also like her music.) If the paparazzi followed me around all day, every day, I'm sure they'd come away with a lot of less-than-flattering photos.

The drugs and fights with her boyfriend: all rock and roll. As long as she doesn't accidentally kill herself she'll be fine, and I doubt she'll do that while her record company acts as her mentor, as they seem to be doing.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-04, 10:56

"Dorian Gray: The Excuser"...Tuesdays this fall, on CBS!

I'll be good...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-09-04 at 11:45.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-04, 11:50

[butthead]ehhh-heheh... Dorian likes anorexic chics with sunken eyes and saggy chest skin. It's all about the music...[/butthead]

[beavis]...and Herpes...heheheh. 'I am wine-holio!!... You have Herpecin? Herpecin for my festering bung-hole?'[/beavis]

OK I'll stop now... But seriously Dorian, you can do better. Walk into any restaurant and pick up any 17 year old girl busing tables, who is not obese or acne-ridden and chances are, you will have succeeded.

...into the light of a dark black night.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2007-09-04, 11:53

If we hadn't already seen pictures of Dorian's missus, I'd be very worried about his taste in women.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-04, 11:59

Dorian has a misses?? Clearly she must be better looking than this train wreck of a woman we're talking about. What's gotten into this lad?

AWR
Veteran Member

2007-09-04, 12:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
OK I'll stop now... But seriously Dorian, you can do better. Walk into any restaurant and pick up any 18 year old girl busing tables, who is not obese or acne-ridden and chances are, you will have succeeded.
Fixed.

Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2007-09-04, 13:35

Clearly, we all have different tastes. But that's always been obvious by the drools over photos of girls whom, to me, are utterly vapid and lacking in any interesting characteristics. Amy Winehouse is interesting. I like interesting women. It's as simple as that.

I don't particularly like gratuitous churlishness aimed at legitimate artists, but I recognise they set themselves up for it. And I do the same to artists I dislike! So carry on, I suppose.

thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-09-04, 13:36

Thanks a lot guys. I finally found a worse looking woman than the wife. And she's less than half the wifes age!!............Oh hello dear didn't see you their looking over my shoulder.........No nothing just browsing the web you know nothing specific dear. Just a bit of fun..........................*Phew that was close*

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2007-09-04, 13:51

Quote:
Dorian has a misses?? Clearly she must be better looking than this train wreck of a woman we're talking about. What's gotten into this lad?
She's definitely better than this horrible looking Amy Winehouse.

Spoiler (click to toggle):

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-04, 14:02

She certainly has nice, well-groomed nails.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-04, 15:33

Oh yah I remember those pictures now! Dorian your wife is way better looking than Amy W. An if by interesting you mean Amy W. fits into the human zoo category, then yes, very interesting.

Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-09-04, 16:33

Well at least she didn't win the Mercury Prize.

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2007-09-04, 17:05

Winehouse: scary.

Dorian's gf: lovely.

Why has this gone on for 3 pages?!

Last edited by BuonRotto : 2007-09-04 at 17:24. Reason: no wifey

thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-09-04, 17:16

Good Question.

Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2007-09-04, 17:22

Lol, I'm not married just yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit
Well at least she didn't win the Mercury Prize.
Yeah, Klaxons did. Does this mean New Rave is officially not new anymore?

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-04, 21:58

Oh sorry. Someone said Misses, so I took them at their word.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-04, 22:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
Why has this gone on for 3 pages?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeriatric View Post
Good Question.
Uh, well because people - like yourselves - keep responding and adding their comments, thereby extending the thread?

Is this a trick question?

Kohoutek

2007-09-05, 06:04

She performed at the Mercury Music Awards event and her voice sounded pretty fantastic. It seems to me that she's very uncomfortable with being a 'celebrity', I don't know for certain but I'll bet she was never interested in fame and just wanted to sing. If anything bad does happen to her (and I hope to God nothing does) the UK press will be partly to blame, this is a classic case of the 'build them up, knock them down' mentality they seem to have. If the press hounded me the way they have her the past few months I would want to get wasted too.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a few issues but she should be given some time out of the media so she can sort them out with her family and management team so that this amazing talent is not lost.

AWR
Veteran Member

2007-09-05, 06:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
Lol, I'm not married just yet!
Sounds imminent to me, though!!

Doxxic
Veteran Member

2007-09-06, 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohoutek View Post
She performed at the Mercury Music Awards event and her voice sounded pretty fantastic. It seems to me that she's very uncomfortable with being a 'celebrity', I don't know for certain but I'll bet she was never interested in fame and just wanted to sing. If anything bad does happen to her (and I hope to God nothing does) the UK press will be partly to blame, this is a classic case of the 'build them up, knock them down' mentality they seem to have. If the press hounded me the way they have her the past few months I would want to get wasted too.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a few issues but she should be given some time out of the media so she can sort them out with her family and management team so that this amazing talent is not lost.
Amen! And not just for her talent, but I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-06, 12:34

No argument about the media side of it. Vultures to the end in the UK.

beardedmacuser

2007-09-06, 16:27

Quote:
No argument about the media side of it. Vultures to the end in the UK.
Agree... but there's only so much you can blame the media. Folk buying such publications are just as much vultures.

Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-09-06, 19:26

you know, she actually is pretty... but she need a good, and i mean GOOD, stylist. That would help her a ton!

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-06, 21:46

Also the magic fountain of youth, to un-sag her tits, would be a benefit to her. And you know... 3 meals a day.

Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-09-07, 01:09

Quote:
And you know... 3 meals a day.
I wish i was as skinny as her, then i would have nothing to worry about and i would get back my 600 a month in training.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-07, 08:25

No you don't. She is unhealthily skinny IMO. People need to stop fixating on how skinny they are, just eat a normal heatlhy diet, get some exercise every week and be who you are. Everyone has a natural healthy weight range, and as long as you're in that, you're doing fine. I wish I could burn all these friggin women's magazines and men's muscle-head magazines to the ground; their focus and the body image they aspire too is totally out of whack.

Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2007-09-07, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souflay123 View Post
I wish i was as skinny as her, then i would have nothing to worry about and i would get back my 600 a month in training.
I'm so very sorry you feel this way. What is wrong with our society (rhetorical question)?

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-09-07, 08:38

What's wrong is that society has lost most of its common sense and much of its perspective on what is a healthy way to live and what isn't, what is responsible and what isn't. That includes everything from television habits to political ignorance to what's in the pantry to what we want to see in the mirror. See also: Rome is Falling.

herodian

2007-09-07, 10:26

Amy Winehouse : Sexing up Skagg since 2002

Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2007-09-07, 11:27

Quote:
What's wrong is that society has lost most of its common sense and much of its perspective on what is a healthy way to live and what isn't, what is responsible and what isn't. That includes everything from television habits to political ignorance to what's in the pantry to what we want to see in the mirror. See also: Rome is Falling.
Yes I know. I was trying to avoid derailing this thread by just asking the question rhetorically. Alas, the attempt failed.