Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

G4 cube Graphics card

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
G4 cube Graphics card
Miko
Veteran Member

2004-07-04, 08:14

Hey all, nice to be on the forum, I have a Cube and am thinking of treating myself to a 20 inch cinema display now that the new models are out. Will the OEM graphic card in the cube run the 20"? and if not what card should I upgrade to?

Thx all in advance
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-04, 08:32

Which card is inside your cube? It it the ATI Radeon or the GeForce 2MX? I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to a faster card if you ever wanted/needed to as well. I don't think either the nVidia or the ATI card will have a problem running the 20" as I used those cards to drive one of my SGI 1600SW displays (1600x1024) for years.

May want to hit www.xlr8yourmac.com if you're interested in a video card upgrade for the Cube though. They have some great information on upgrading the Cube over there.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Miko
Veteran Member

2004-07-04, 08:40

Thx I will have to check out that site. I have the ATI Radeon graphics card, first rev cube. I need to play catch up but don't want to part with the cube just yet.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-07-04, 10:44

The Radeon should drive that display no problem.
Schvoo

Send a message via AIM to Schvoo  
2004-07-04, 11:31

Yeah it should run almost any size display (except of course the 30 inch), but for gaming you might want to tone your screen resolution down to about 800x600 or less.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-05, 12:52

It'll drive it with no problems. Don't even bother playing games on it though. That card won't run anything well at all.

Check out Cube Owner for the beset info out there on Cube upgrades.

Come waste your time with me