Commercials you love or hate

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Commercials you love or hate
Page 9 of 21 First Previous 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13  Next Last Thread Tools
judeobscure

2008-06-22, 21:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I can't stand those recent TGI Friday spots with that idiot Guy Fieri(?), the goober who has that show on Food Network where he just goes around and eats diner food.

He's such a "dude". Try hard much, pal?

The hair, the rings and jewelry, the stupid glasses on backwards, the fist-bumps, the "dude"/"chick"-speak. The stupid clothes he wears. He's only like 40-something. Grow up.

Everything about this man grates on me.

Nimrod of the decade:

Agreed! He is the male version Rachael Ray.

Food TV has really gone to hell.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-22, 21:13

He's the male version of an asshat.

And yes, there's a solid chance that Rachael Ray might be the single most annoying woman who's ever appeared on TV. Can't stand her either.

That current T.G.I. Friday's spot that's always on TV, where the cutie vixen goes to the bathroom and the idiot above slides into the booth to advice and "date's going well" encouragement (like he'd know). Ugh...you just want to throw something at him.

"Get the hell out of my booth! If she comes back and finds your lame ass sitting here...".

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2008-06-22 at 21:42.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-27, 22:04

I've got such a screaming crush on Dr. Alison Tendler from the Restasis dry eye prescription commercial. Clip to commercial is available at the link...

Hubba hubba. She's such a "girl next door" cutie.

And she's actually a doctor "in real life" (look it up).

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-06-27, 23:21

She has no irises! Looks like an alien...I'm frightened of her....

Just seems odd that they would select someone with strangely pale irises for an eye drop commercial....

I thought you meant this lady:

Yeti

2008-06-28, 18:20

I hate advertisement, with only very few exceptions. Such as the "dont drink while your pregnant" or "reduce your pollution" commercials we have in Denmark.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-06-28, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I thought you meant this lady:

Sure, her too! Looks like Samantha Brown (slightly pixelated), so definitely...

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-07-01, 10:37

I've discovered that I'm physically incapable of watching that pet shelter/animal cruelty spot with Sarah McLachlan, and her "Angel" song playing. I lose it...

It seems to come on every time I sit down in in front of the TV (which isn't much, these days), and I have to lunge for the remote and change the channel before I see the first caged dog or kittycat (with that song playing), or I'll be a mess. *sniff*

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2008-07-01, 10:51

Yeah, me too. Bastards.

Besides, I already rescued one dog, geez. You gotta guilt me into saving the rest? Where will I keep them?!
Foj
Veteran Member

2008-07-21, 20:43

My mom said I could.
ronmexico

2008-07-21, 21:13

I think this is geared towards women...I saw it on CNN.
Freewell

2008-07-31, 22:09

I was waiting for an appointment recently and as usual had completely tuned out the television that was playing in the waiting room... A good ways into a commercial something registered in my mind that I might want to catch the drift of what was going on, as it sounded quite humorous. So I looked up from the article I was reading and saw what appeared to be a hysterical commercial...

The dad had just got a new computer and was trying to impress his geek son with its technological beefiness. (It was anything but beefy!) All I know is that it was a Verizon commercial of some type, but I would love to see the whole thing and haven't been able to find it. I'm not sure what else to google... Has anyone seen it by chance, or could you suggest some key words that may produce its whereabouts on You Tube? Thanks.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-07-31, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I've discovered that I'm physically incapable of watching that pet shelter/animal cruelty spot with Sarah McLachlan, and her "Angel" song playing. I lose it...

It seems to come on every time I sit down in in front of the TV (which isn't much, these days), and I have to lunge for the remote and change the channel before I see the first caged dog or kittycat (with that song playing), or I'll be a mess. *sniff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto View Post
Yeah, me too. Bastards.

Besides, I already rescued one dog, geez. You gotta guilt me into saving the rest? Where will I keep them?!
I'm the same way, Paul and Buon. I've never actually watched the commercial, because I've clicked away instantly. I'm way too tenderhearted to deal with stuff like that, and it would torture me literally for years afterward if I ever actually watched the whole thing.

Cruelty to animals is one of the worst things on this planet, and I'm too cowardly to let myself know more than I have to. I'll give lots of money to organizations that deal with this, but I simply couldn't bear to do it myself.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-08-26, 21:20

A cute commercial is that Michelin one, where the Michelin man goes out at night in his car, all worried, looking for his lost dog.

Then he finds his friend, a little puffy Michelin doggie, and the dog is shown happily standing in the car passenger seat with his face out the open window and his tongue sort of blowing in the breeze. The dog has a joyful smile on his face now that he is back with his master and is going back to the safety and comforts of home.

A really cute commercial, I think.

Oh, and he has the same happy smile as Buon's dog.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-08-26, 21:45

I like the new one for T-Mobile (it might be Verizon) where the parents are at the computer and talking about how they can adjust their kids' text or talk time. In the background you see the kid, a song and a daughter, washing the car and fighting. It's nothing monumental, but it just makes me chuckle the action taking place in the background, combined with the stuff their parents are saying about them. The kids are little monsters, and I think "taking their text or talk time away from them" is only scratching the surface...

Oh, and the mom's a vixen...

Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-09-21, 17:20

I like that Campbell's Soup commercial where the wife calls the husband down to lunch, and he slips out of his chair upstairs and is dragged by some invisible force down the stairs into the kitchen. He is sobbing in dread, and breaking off stair rails to keep from having to eat the expected tasteless, sodium-free soup.

(The entire house is white and colorless. A nice touch, but I happen to think white is kind of cool-looking. )

Then, he is plopped into a chair, and, to his great surprise, finds the soup amazingly tasty... I think because it has sea salt, or something like that.

What makes me laugh is the way he slides on his back across the floor and down the stairs, grabbing onto whatever he can to delay the moment of consuming that dreadful tasteless soup.

It's a silly and fun commercial, I think. I've seen it a few times, and still enjoy watching it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-09-21, 17:29

I've got a slight crush on that goofy, mildly annoying Progressive insurance girl (the check-out clerk with black hair).

She's quite cute at times, but she's probably best in 30-second doses.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2008-09-21, 17:58

She's been on Madmen a few times, But I noticed her in The Heartbreak Kid, she's actually much cuter than in the commercials.

Stephanie Courtney
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2008-09-22, 22:30

I saw a commercial the other night that made me laugh out loud and quite hard at that.

It was a commercial for stride gum. A guy is walking down the street trying to work one of those voice activated menu systems on his cell phone saying "agent!" into the phone over and over when suddenly a ram runs into the screen and hits him causing him to spit out the piece of Stride gum that he's chewing.

Watch it here. It really is funny

Come waste your time with me
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-09-25, 10:17

rI must like last year's Pepsi Max Super Bowl ad (Night at Roxbury meets bobble-headed celebrities needing a caffeine boost)... every time I see it I picture Kattan, Carey and Ferrel with their jeezy jackets swinin' on SNL and start laughing.

I can't explain it; it's been run so many times in the past (that skit and the song) but somehow I didn't see it for a long enough time that when it was reinstroduced last February it made me laugh. Then I forgot about it again but then they started running it again three weeks ago with the start of the NFL season. You want to hear some pathetic sh*t? I went and bought the song on iTunes just so I could do the dance for my wife and razz her / drive her up a wall on occasion. $.99 well-spent my friends...

...into the light of a dark black night.
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2008-09-25, 12:37

On Kroq they play this Nascar spot, it is them all singing. The most annoying commercials ever!

I love the Allstate commercial's there was one like 4-5 years ago that was Dennis Haysbert saying that this holiday season that 50 people had their home burned down by frying a turkey. it was sooo funny!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-09-25, 13:03

There has been a deluge of negative political ads recently. Minnesota has it especially bad because we've got a close race between a freshman Republican senator up against comedian Al Franken.

Norm Coleman, the incumbent, is both a new guy and a Republican, while Al Franken is pretty outspoken to say the least. Franken is attacking Coleman for being a corrupt Bush lap dog, while Coleman is airing videos of Al Franken screaming obscenities. It's pretty hard to take. And the ads aren't going anywhere until after election day—both campaigns are bringing in record-breaking amounts of money, making it by far the most expensive Senate race in history.

Without getting too deep into the politics, I've decided I'm voting for the independent in the race, Dean Barkley. He needs all the help he can get and hopefully more people do the same in response to all the attack ads. I don't expect him to win by a long shot, but it's possible. Happened with Jesse Ventura back in 1998.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2008-09-25, 15:57

Tangent: I have determined through careful observation and contact with various Minnesotans in my extended family, that Minn is one of the most fucked up political landscapes in the entire country. Just FUBAR who gets into office there sometimes. Not a very good reflection on the voting populace at large there (no offense to the mighteh Lucaz!). The ads surely make it worse....

I would probably rank them something like this:

Georgia (wonder what the ads are like there)
Minnesota
Florida (don't care... it's Florida)

The rest are about equally screwed up in one way or another. Illinois has its corrupt governors and life-long Mayors, Utah has Orrin Hatch, etc.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-09-25, 16:09

To what are you specifically referring to, Moogs? Yeah, we had Jesse Ventura, but then, California has elected Arnold Schwarzenegger twice. And yeah, we have Al Franken running... but this is all really recent stuff.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-09-25, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
A cute commercial is that Michelin one, where the Michelin man goes out at night in his car, all worried, looking for his lost dog.
Did you know the Michelin Man has a name? He's called Bibendum.

Seriously.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-09-28, 18:28

Falling into both camps:

Boom De Ya Da

I think it's a really good advert - nicely made and perfectly on message about what the "product" is....

...But damn, don't they need to give it a rest? They play it on the Discovery Channel twice per commercial break. Twice! And they also play it on other channels. Give us a rest guys!
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-09-28, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Falling into both camps:

Boom De Ya Da

I think it's a really good advert - nicely made and perfectly on message about what the "product" is....

...But damn, don't they need to give it a rest? They play it on the Discovery Channel twice per commercial break. Twice! And they also play it on other channels. Give us a rest guys!
That is a very well done ad. Wish I felt the same way about the world .
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-10-06, 08:39

I'm fascinated (and mildly turned-on) by the sexy redhead in those Glade commercials who seems to have a massive lying compulsion.

There are about 4-5 spots out there now - candles, wall-plug ins, stick-up deodorizers, etc. - where she's constantly getting caught in a lie by her friends because she's trying to pass off the candles as French, or that she's in a resort spa (as opposed to her tub at home), etc.

I think she needs professional help. I just don't know why her friends all haven't abandoned her at this point.

"That crazy woman lies to us constantly, every time we come over! And about what? Scented candles and room deodorizers and fragrance products! Who in their right mind does this?"

Anyone seen these commercials? They're on quite a bit. I'll see if I can find them on YouTube...

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2008-10-06 at 08:56.
Foj
Veteran Member

2008-10-11, 10:55

A couple commercials I like

But I came back....

Choco party, good good!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2008-11-22, 14:54

Nutella Advert

Since when is Nutella pronounced "Newtella"? Is it made with Nuts, or Newts?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2008-11-22, 16:13

I like those new ones for Overstock.com, with the couple singing. She sounds like Emmylou Harris, and it's a pretty sound.