AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Midwest Storms

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Midwest Storms
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-04-05, 17:38

WTF is this shit?

Just kinda appeared out of nowhere here in Southwest Ohio. Tornado warning alarms going off everywhere, funnel sighted a couple counties over, new watch out... BLAH!

Anyone else getting pounded or about to get pounded?

I hate April weather.

Teh Big: http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2166/kiln41.png
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-04-05, 17:41

We're still getting hit. It's been going on here since early this afternoon. We even briefly lost power once. The worst part of it for Indiana was south of here, but thunder shook my house a couple times. I don't scare easily in storms, but that made me a little nervous. Of course, my dogs were terrified all day.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-04-05, 22:20

There's a big band of snow just south of here, but nothing surprises me this time of year. Last year we had a few inches of snow on April 11.

...into the light of a dark black night.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2009-04-06, 00:24

A research station a few miles out north of my town registered straight-line winds over 95 MPH (with gusts over 115 MPH) a week ago. And two days later it snowed. It was in the upper 70s friday. Low of 18 degrees tomorrow.

That's what's the matter with Kansas.
¡Damned!

2009-04-06, 00:42

Supposedly we were to be in the middle of rainshowers turning to snow right about now, but I just looked outside and it's dry as a bone.

*shrug*

I'm already over the snow season, so I really hope it doesn't happen.

So it goes.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-04-06, 07:11

What. The. Fuck. It's snowing here this morning. It was 75 just a few days ago, and now it's 34 and snowing.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2009-04-06, 12:56

It is currently 89 degrees and sunny here.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-04-06, 13:24

It's 42 here today (a good 15-20 degrees colder than it's been the past few weeks), and we're supposed to get snow tonight (it was 79 degrees here Saturday afternoon, two days ago ), up to half an inch or so here in the valley (which means we'll get nine inches and be screwed).

Very grey, cold and dreary here today, and it certainly has that "something's gonna happen" look to it.

I'm sure if I drove by the grocery store, the parking lot would be packed to the gills and everyone inside buying two carts full of provisions (milk and bread, which makes no sense if you think about it), in case that half-inch barricades us all in our homes for 2-3 weeks.

That's what people do here, for some reason. Every single damn time the "s" word gets mentioned on local weather. People lose their minds...
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-04-06, 13:33

Southern Indiana's the same way about snow, Paul. I worked at a grocery store down there in high school, and the place was a freakin' zoo every time we had a flurry. We didn't even need accumulation.

I'm so glad I don't live down there any more.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2009-04-06, 17:00

Man, we got hit by such total crap weather today. Yesterday was sunny and 15ºC, now we're being bombarded by wet snow and sub-zero temps. WTF?!! Doesn't god know I'm totally done with winter?!

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-04-06, 17:09

We had some rain plus ice/sleet whatever mix a little bit ago. Pink on the radar now, with some white showing up toward Cleveland.