Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

In Search of the Tyrantanic

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
In Search of the Tyrantanic
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-10-08, 22:27

Any of you folks know a good place other than Amazon /CDNow or iTMS to buy good dance mix CDs online? There's an English artist that goes by the name Breeder (I think), who released a CD called Tyrantanic. Very cool stuff but I'll be damned if I can find anything but the single CD at Amazon or anywhere else. Googling seems to bring up more discographies and such but no links to reliable online retailers where I can buy this thing.

...into the light of a dark black night.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2004-10-08, 23:44

Couldn't find any in stock stuff except (maybe) this UK website.

http://www.dancefrontdoor.co.uk/shop...&y=7&q=Breeder

You sure you're not thinking of Sasha and John Digweed's remix of the song of the same name? That version was actually a sample mp3 on my iMac when I got it a few years ago.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-10-09, 10:35

You know I did see their names pop up in a couple of places, as well as the names of two other guys -- Simon Noble and Rowan Blades. I think the latter wrote the music and gave it to the former to perform in London clubs?

Quote:
Formerly cloaked in mystery, the duo known as Breeder got their start creating peak-time tracks named after famous clubs like "Twilo Thunder" (for Twilo) and "Tyrantanic" (for Tyrant), and giving them directly to superstar DJ's Sasha and John Digweed and no one else.

For over a year, Sasha and Digweed played out Breeder's work and the clamor grew for them to sign to a label and fully release tracks. Although they once refused adamantly to do so, the duo finally released "The Chain" to the public in 1998, followed by more singles on their new Rhythm Syndicate label, as well as popular remixes for Orbital, Evolution, Grace, and others.
[[An Amazon search for John Digweed seems to give the answers; this particular track is from the CD called Communicate. Seems they have four really popular ones, and Communicate being a double is like $18. Don't think we'll ever see this stuff on iTMS but I'll request it anyway.]]

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2004-10-09 at 10:47.