User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
*The Daily News Thread* - a place to post compelling daily news stories
Page 133 of 221 First Previous 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137  Next Last Thread Tools
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2021-01-30, 18:24

I also wish I'd chucked some cash in when it was down around $20 so I could sell now while it's high and pay off a chunk of student loan and/or pay off immigration fees.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-01-30, 20:35

I do feel kinda sorry for Gamestop. They didn't ask for any of this and my understanding is that their new CEO, Ryan Cohen, is legitimately trying to turn the company around.

He should demand a seat at these hearings Congress is talking about. "Look fuckers, you're using Gamestop and our 50,000 employees as a goddam ping pong ball. Why don't you all fuck off while we try to rebuild this company and just wank each other off in private."
Dr. Bobsky

2021-01-31, 04:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Yea, I’ve seen plenty. I don’t listen to that shit, thank you. She’s a dingbat and has said plenty of stupid things. All politicians have/do. Don’t pick and choose, or blindly defend your buddies and heroes.

Nice assumptions. Fuck off.
I made no assumptions. She isn't a hero or buddy of mine. I always find criticism of *long-standing* politicians as being 'dingbats' to be extraordinarily amusing -- you have to ask yourself two things: how does someone get elected so many times and be a dingbat, and how would you do if we dropped you into a similar situation?

If the first calls to mind questions of race or coming from 'that' community, maybe this is telling you your opinion of this person is a bit tinged by bias.

If your answer to the second isn't 'I'd fall on my face harder,' then you have no idea what it takes to publicly speak off the cuff.

In other words, Paul: Bugger off to your dark little life.

Last edited by Dr. Bobsky : 2021-01-31 at 04:58.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-01-31, 06:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
how does someone get elected so many times and be a dingbat
Incumbent Advantage. If the left was actually serious about equality, they would be in favour of term limits for most politicians.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-01-31, 07:24

I don't think this is a partisan left/right issue. Both sides tend to feel relief when term limits push the other guy out. On balance, personally and in theory, I'm not offended by incumbency, but there are a number of issues that could be addressed to improve democracy in practice, things that would level the playing field out, especially in the US, where corporatization of the electoral process has reached dysfunctional proportions. Get the money out of politics, you need all kinds of rules to limit, identify and track the sources of political/election spending. Independent judicial review of electoral districts/boundaries/voting rules. This needs to be taken out of the hands of elected officials and formalized to a set of codes of practice for establishing the borders of electoral districts - American gerrymandering is an absurd, gross, obvious, blatant, flagrant, mendacious abuse of electoral process. I could post an essay on this alone, but I'm going to try to make better use of everyone's time. It could be fixed. It also would help to have strict time limits around campaign periods and the use of public office for campaigning. Campaigns are already too long, and too many incumbents are campaigning all the time, on the public dime. And more than ever the USA needs a more robust public broadcaster across Radio/TV/Web/Socialmedia.

People need access to fair coverage over a just long enough period to make a choice, not a ceaseless barrage of propaganda and talking heads, and a vote should be a vote of relatively equal weight no matter where in the country/county/district it is cast. If after all that, the people want to choose the devil they know rather than some new devil, fine. Term limits don't really fix the major problems in American electioneering: Big money, private media, and rigged boundaries.

Dr. Bobsky

2021-01-31, 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Incumbent Advantage. If the left was actually serious about equality, they would be in favour of term limits for most politicians.
Equality and term limits are not naturally linked. And while I think term limits look good on paper, what we certainly do not want is national institutions where the senior political figures have been there for no more than six years (or some other small number). Institutional memory, and experienced policy writers are more valuable than shucking off the few political dregs...
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-01-31, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
And while I think term limits look good on paper, what we certainly do not want is national institutions where the senior political figures have been there for no more than six years (or some other small number). Institutional memory, and experienced policy writers are more valuable than shucking off the few political dregs...
I get your point, but I thought institutional memory is what the civil service is for. Those bureaucrats aren't cheap.

Maybe, if citizen leadership was the standard (< six-year politicians), we'd see the value of talking to the previous guy for advice, and hardened partisanship wouldn't be the norm. I think having an endpoint would also help ensure that reps would be more focused on the job at hand, instead of always looking to the next election.

In any case, most term limit legislation (other than the Head of State) tends to call for limits on consecutive terms.
Good reps can always come back after a bit of a break to give others a chance.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-01-31, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
Independent judicial review of electoral districts/boundaries/voting rules. This needs to be taken out of the hands of elected officials and formalized to a set of codes of practice for establishing the borders of electoral districts...
Would this even be possible in the US? The judges are elected, so it wouldn't be taking it out of the hands of elected officials at all.

I agree with Frank, at least in terms of long standing incumbents, there should be a number of consecutive term limits on all political offices. The longer someone is in a position the greater the chance for corruption. I've seen this time and time again in provincial politics. Serving in political office should be seen as a public service, not a career choice. That said, it should depend on the position, but the situation here in Canada is different from the US, I'm not sure this would be as relevant in the same way.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-01-31, 23:47

Hmmm … the Daily News thread is getting political. Imagine that.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-01, 12:38

The woman who claimed she had 16 personalities - and caused Sally Field to make a shitty movie about it ages ago - admits it was all untrue.

She's mentally ill, to be sure, just not in the way she sold to the world.

From the article above:

Quote:
When Sybil first came out in 1973, not only did it shoot to the top of the best-seller lists — it manufactured a psychiatric phenomenon. The book was billed as the true story of a woman who suffered from multiple personality disorder. Within a few years of its publication, reported cases of multiple personality disorder — now known as dissociative identity disorder — leapt from fewer than 100 to thousands.
Gee, imagine that. What are the chances?

**Please note that I linked NPR as the source, so we don't all have to get into the weeds (again) over which questionable UK tabloid (or conservative echo chamber) I might've carelessly used to share a story. For any resident journalistic integrity gatekeepers who require their news and information from serious sources drier (and more fact-checked) than Zsa Zsa Gabor's cooter canyon, the above is for you. I'll be sure to limit any Weekly Wacky World Gazette and Newt's House o' Newz citing to a dull roar, going forward. From here out, it's only NPR and Smoking Gun for me! Because I wanna be believed, dammit! More than anything!**
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-01, 13:00

2 things:

1) Trust Hollywood "history" at your own peril;

2) My news quarterback is better than your news quarterback.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-01, 13:11

I remember my parents, and their friends, having the book when I was a kid. And that movie was a two-part TV one that everyone watched. This would've probably been about 1976 or so (pre-Star Wars, post-Jaws...I use favorite movies as time-markers to remember things because I know where I was living, what grade I was in, etc. from all that. I know I'd seen Jaws already (1975), but my life had yet to be permanently altered by the other (1977).

When I was little, I thought it was a horror movie (in some ways, it probably is), just from the book cover and the tone of the promos for the TV movie. I didn't know, back then, what the story was about. I didn't full appreciate Ms. Field until a year later, when she was barefoot in a Trans-Am for two hours.
Anonymous Coward

2021-02-02, 16:14

Gamestop update

I have my own story with a company called CleanSpark (CLSK), but that is still playing out, so I'll wait for more information unless someone is really interested right now.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-02, 17:17

Big, giant, money-making scheme that also cost a few folks many billions of dollars. If you saw it and caught the wave, you may now be rich.

A lot of folks won the lottery on this one, and a lot of folks just lost their life savings.

Whichever. Don't gamble what you can't afford to lose.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2021-02-02, 18:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
Gamestop update

I have my own story with a company called CleanSpark (CLSK), but that is still playing out, so I'll wait for more information unless someone is really interested right now.
I'm curious, give us the details.
Anonymous Coward

2021-02-02, 19:45

A brief recap, without documentation/links:

Bought a company for investing in electrical infrastructure, unwittingly became involved with bitcoin

After Tesla's first big run (of course, in hindsight, I shouldn't have panicked), I was looking for investments. I chose a company called CleanSpark, which advertised it was developing hardware/software to create efficient electrical grid networks. It was planned as a long term investment. So, at the beginning of the COVID outbreak, my investment was down to a third, but with the buy and hold philosophy, I didn't pay attention, not being an active investor in the stock market. One day, I just happened to look, and the chart said my investment was up over 1000% (I invest small amounts, so this didn't make me a wealthy person, or anything like that). It turns out that some months earlier, CleanSpark had purchased a company for cloud storage and other internet related business. One of the side businesses during idle time is bitcoin mining. So, the peak price closely corresponded with bitcoin's recent peak.

But that's not all ... just after this, it seems, about a dozen law firms have filed class action suits, especially for people who have lost more than $100,000 due to their CleanSpark investment (certainly not applicable to me). Perhaps due to short sales? Among the accusations was that the company had falsified orders and achievements. (This brings to mind my time at a company called Clarent, which made Voice over IP equipment. I was just a low level assembler and tester, so I remember a big rush where I worked overtime over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The company, Clarent, went bankrupt soon after, and all the orders I worked on were found in a warehouse as falsified orders.) I don't know whether the company's contracts were really invented or not, but I can't find much information. So, the company's stock has been in decline.

So, I'm still in "buy and hold" mode, although the dividing line between a short term and long term investment is right about now. I'm still probably up about 850%. Each time I look at the company's news, there are headlines that such and such law firm is reminding investors of the deadline to join their class action suit. Apparently the company has a real product and keeps on announcing new partnerships, as well as announcing the number of bitcoins it has mined. How could any investor be losing money, except through short sales? (But, now as I'm trying to show a graph, I see that the company's stock was much higher two years ago.) I guess I can't post images without hosting them somewhere, so in summary, before pandemic ~$5, start of pandemic ~$1, purchased server company ~$10, bitcoin peak ~$40, currently ~$25., two years ago ~$45, two and a quarter years ago ~$15, two and a half years ago ~$60. OK, I didn't know the company was that old. I thought when I invested it was recently listed. I guess I can see where the lawsuits are coming from, but looking at only a year's worth of data, it seemed more like a Gamestop short sales story.

Edit: A search of the company's website says that it is investigating the activities of one group (Culper Research, which, according to CleanSpark, has disguised the identity of the authors) making false accusations against the company and officers for the purpose of covering or profiting from their short sales positions. So, my guesses and assumptions were apparently not too far off the mark.

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2021-02-02 at 20:25.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-04, 11:10

I just saw (I don’t keep up with this kind of stuff) where Miley Cyrus is the Super Bowl halftime performer.

You just know she’s gonna do something stupid and/or gross. There’s no way she squanders such an opportunity, with so many eyes on her.

After Sunday, we’ll no longer have to talk about Janet Jackson’s titty, I’m betting.

“Wait, she did WHAT?’ On live TV? With how many dudes? Where, exactly, did #4 and #5 go/fit?!?”

They better put this chick on about a 34-minute delay if they know what’s good for them.

I can count on Lady Gaga to be classy and appropriate for the situation/venue. I’ve seen her do it, many times. But Miley Cyrus? Not once. I’m telling you...she’s gonna finger-bang herself, or someone else on the stage, before her time wraps up. She will be the only thing on the news Monday morning, just watch.

And, worst of all, her dad will be right there on stage with her, doing a country-rap version of “Achy Breaky Heart” while she drops below the stage to change into her Camel Toe Goddess outfit for her closing number).

What’s the crowd situation going to be Sunday? Empty stadium with cardboard cutouts and piped-in audio (cheering, etc.), or do they have a social distance seating plan in place? Both will be weird/different to see.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-02-04, 11:14

So glad I don’t watch that sport.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-04, 11:44

People still watch that thing? Hell, I can't remember the last time I tuned in for the Super Bowl*, let alone that stupid, made-for-suckers halftime show.

* Oh, wait. Yes I can. It was Steelers vs. Green Bay. Whichever one that was. And I didn't care then.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-04, 14:10

In the "I don't watch, or care about, football" sweepstakes, none of you are gonna beat me, so don't waste your time.

I'm posting the above Miley thing strictly as a "ho-ly shit...they're gonna let her do the halftime thing?!" thing.

Of all people to turn loose on drunk America...yikes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-04, 14:18

I saw her on Joe Rogan and loved listening to her story. Growing up she was pushed to the point of failure and is pretty resentful of it.

But, yeah, resentful or not, once you get a taste of that Hollywood attention you either stay in the limelight or fall into obscurity. How many Hollywood types who are used to being front and center are able to drift into the mist and disappear?

Rick Morannis?

Yeah, I have no doubt it will be a giant, woke, look-at-me session.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-04, 14:30

Thing is, she seems like she has a bit of a head on her shoulders, even kinda wise beyond her years in some ways (growing up fast, etc. I suppose). I've seen a couple of interviews over the years where she wasn't acting like a loon or junior high nutcase, and I was like "why can't you act like this more often? You'd actually be kinda endearing and interesting."

And then she goes and shoves a hula hoop up her cooter on SNL or whatever, and we're just back to square one.

She's one of those people who could be both beautiful and interesting (and she seems to be able to carry a tune a little bit), but, for whatever reason, she seems hell-bent to go out of her way to make sure none of that comes through. She seems to revel in her scuzzy-ness in a way that's just gross to me. I like a certain degree of edginess and "WTF?!" in people, but I kinda have a threshold. And she blows past it, constantly, at super-sonic speeds.

Wash your ass, try to go a week without piercing something and quit putting your tongue on everything in the room and we'll talk.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-02-04, 14:59

Aww iDunno, that hula-hoop trick sounds interesting... If we're gonna forgive the insanity of the likes of Iggy Pop and and David Bowie, why not anyone else who wants to have episodes in full public view

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-04, 15:07

Because there seemed to be some genuine, deep talent and longevity involved to back it up? Those things weren't front and center? You knew Iggy Pop and David Bowie (Bowie for sure...I'm not an Iggy fan and can't really say much more about him), first and foremost, from their music and not the other stuff? Can anyone actually name a Miley song or album, in the same way?

People say it's generational, and I know that factors in. But there is nobody on the charts today that will a) be around in 20 years, or b) whose music will be played, 50-100 years from now, the way Elvis, The Beatles or even Van Morrison or Tom Petty will be.

So, yeah...it's a bit more than just "generational". The business has changed, the output/worth has changed. It's not meant to be enduring or anything past what it is.

Or am I supposed to believe Cardi B is going to be getting a Lifetime Achievement Grammy and/or Kennedy Center honors in 30-40 years, as her library is played by the "classic hits" stations/outlets come 2051?

Because she isn't. But my (theoretical) grandkids will be 80 and still hear Beatles - and Bowie - on the radio or in commercials, etc.

That's the difference.

There are no more Beatles. Hell, there aren't even any Kinks or Yardbirds.

That's why all the better, critically-acclaimed (for whatever that's worth anymore) bands are always saddled with the "Beatle-esque" label. Nobody's vying for "the Bay City Rollers of the 21st Century!" honors. But that's what a lot of these performers are...fleeting, of-the-moment showpieces, often famous for everything but their recorded output and musical mark.

Miley Cyrus isn't going to be remembered or making any years-from-now contributions. She has to do this stuff because, deep down, even she knows that's what a lot of her fame is based on. David Bowie is dead as a hammer, and people will be loving, buying and listening to his music after you and I are both long gone.

That's the difference.

People who can't/don't back up the shock or theatrics with genuine talent and ability are just flashes, footnotes or punchlines. Miley, Cardi, the dreck making up the top 40 country charts, etc.

There are always exceptions, of course. But they're just that...exceptions. A few manage to squeak by, just to prove the rule. I suppose, at some point, Miley could mature and blossom into this Aretha/Barbra type of figure who charts her own course and winds up sticking around in spite of herself. Anything is possible. But she's not going to be 40-45 and still acting this way. The Stones, as embarrassing to watch as they often are at this point (hang it up, boys...and tell your buddies Pete and Roger to knock it off as well ), are still playing/acting like they were 30-40 years. That's easy to do when you're just a rock 'n' roll band. At one point, that was enough. Even their scandals or Keith's (Richards or Moon) misadventures/legal troubles, etc. took second place to the songs/music.

It just seems now the music takes second place to the Twitter feuds, wardrobe malfunctions, audience slapping, rehab stays, etc. because that's kinda how everything is structured. Just being a rock 'n' roll band is no longer enough.

That's the difference.

PS - I just bought stock in hula hoops.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-04 at 15:25.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2021-02-04, 16:30

This is the usual "comparison of the worst modern music vs the best old music" argument. Of course Miley Cyrus or Cardi B aren't the Beatles of today. They're the Trashmen, or Tiny Tim. But there are pop songs of today that will last. It's difficult to predict but I suspect stuff like The Weekend, Bruno Mars, Lizzo, hell, even Taylor Swift will have considerable staying power, while still being quite identifiably "Pop". (I have a pet theory that Harry Styles has a lot more to offer, too..)

And the Beatles are maybe an unfair comparison. Their level of success was pretty much unparalleled before or after.

In short, they aint getting off your lawn anytime soon.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-04, 16:35

I don't even think they're that level.

Nobody's getting off my lawn, that's the problem.

And I'll take that bet on the folks you mentioned. We'll set an amount and a timetable ($5 and 20 years?). I don't see any of those performers being around in 20 years, making music. I just don't. And sure as shit not 40+. Not even Taylor Swift. I think she's two underperforming albums away from "who?"

She could morph into a Pat Benatar type, still active and with a strong base who grew up on her music and have those memories/connections on that level, and still supports her touring and want to hear the hits. But her new releases don't really impact or go anywhere. It happens. People are of a time. A few bust past that, but most don't. Think of all the shit-hot bands in the 80's or 90's everyone was sure were "great". But I just can't buy her at 45-50 (and beyond) with new releases, etc. and being an Aretha, Loretta or Barbra (trying to provide a broad cross-section here of exceptions and true mark-makers) at any level whatsoever. There's just nothing there. She's graded on a gigantic curve, and my lawn has nothing to do with it.

On second thought, raise that bet to $20.

Yeah, I suppose The Beatles are in a separate category and just hit at a weird time where they probably couldn't have done so well before or after. Their story is interesting/great on so many levels. That works in the other way too, because when I see those reviews/articles laying that on other bands by writers who aren't fully thinking things through...that's not helping anyone either.

"You can't compare anyone to them...". Well, people do it all the damn time, and collect a paycheck for doing so, and have yet to be right. So... Nobody's reading my thoughts/take in worldwide media, and I don't whiff it as much as some of these dorks. I was right about Hootie and the Blowfish, Spin Doctors, Alanis Morissette, Oasis, Counting Crows, Limp Korn , etc. and I'm gonna be right some more. It's not a bash or insult, it's just "some have it, some don't". And with the way artists are signed, promoted, treated, etc. I think that see-saw is just leaning more on the latter side. I don't think bands or individual performers get "nurtured", and many of them pay absolutely no dues. Some do, of course. But we all know the ones who inexplicably get a deal, put out 1-2 overrated albums, followed by 2-3 pieces of shit and reality sets in. And as soon as the shit hit, the labels ditch them like a bad one-nighter because it becomes clear to everyone that the label PR/marketing department probably had as much to do with album sales as any actual ability/talent. That's been going on forever, but it certainly got ramped up in the video music/80's and beyond era (prior to MTV, you could be ugly and talented and succeed; post-MTV, you can be attractive and untalented and succeed even bigger). That's also factored in and changed things forever. Nobody's going to waste huge money waiting for anyone, any genre, to "find their footing" or whatever. Too much involved.

True talent could be allowed to brew because someone could see something, and they'd be a slow burn and eventually catch. Now, either you suck out of the gate and are a 1-2 year flash-in-the-pan or, for reasons outside/beyond actual music, some real less-than types are propped up and given numerous "second chances", but never really set the world on fire. Lots of mediocrity and "why is this person famous?" out there.

It will indeed be interesting to see who busts through that stuff and lingers for the long haul (and, in 2021, the "long haul" is probably more like 9-12 years, vs. 20-30+). Everything's moving so much faster than ever before.

It's weird to me that R.E.M. isn't around anymore (being among the handful who've had the grace and good sense to hang it up, on good terms, before they became a sad joke), and even the mighty U2 aren't what they were 15-25 years ago (I know that tide had turned when everyone squawked/bitched about having their new album automatically download to their iPhones without their say-so ...that would not have happened in 1986). It all changes. Some linger longer than they should, others don't hit at all, some quietly build up steam and have just always been there, etc. It's interesting to me, all this stuff.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-04 at 17:30.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

2021-02-04, 16:38

Just stick to Weird Al's versions of Miley Cyrus songs, you'll feel better.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-02-04, 17:16

People forgive a lot when they like something/someone and less when they don't, I wasn't even thinking generationally, though that certainly plays into tastes too. We're also fantastic at ret-conning our world view to fit how we feel today. How many people who loved Mohammed Ali as an old man, wouldn't have batted an eye to see him rot in jail for treason. How many would have admitted it?

Beatles, Elvis, Billie Holiday, Sammy Davis Jr., The Rolling Stones, Sinatra, The Clash, The Ramones, Blondie, Beastie Boys, Grandmaster Flash, RunDMC, NWA, KISS, all had (have had) detractors from one end of their careers or the other. People who just didn't like what they thought they represented at a certain time, or their style, or their politics. Each has had adoring fans too, willing to venerate them in all aspects because of their prominence or symbolic value in some other.

The complete picture is always something else. Crazy and performance arts have never been far apart...

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-02-04, 17:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Just stick to Weird Al's versions of Miley Cyrus songs, you'll feel better.
He has them? Are they any good?

I never thought he was funny, so that whole Weird Al thing passed me by from the get-go. I'd see him on MTV in my younger days and it was always a channel switch.

I haven't thought about him in a long, long time. So he's still around, doing the parody thing, huh?

Interesting. He must be on good terms with people (does he have to have permission or their blessing, or is he legally covered to do whatever he wants because it falls under parody/satire?). I've always wondered how that worked. I wonder if he's ever gotten in trouble, or on someone's bad side, for doing what he does? If you're famous/successful enough, I imagine you can take a little good-natured jab? It'll probably only help your sales as well.

Back to my original point - apologies for the music detour...Miley Cyrus is going to do something stupid and gross Sunday, guaranteed. That's the important thing here. I don't give a shit about Iggy Pop or Taylor Swift...they can do what they want; they're not going to be in front of gazillions of people Sunday evening, making people vomit into their buffalo wings and salsa bowls.

When they're announced for the halftime gig, I'll assess that (pulling your dick out, bad dancing, off-key singing, etc.).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-02-04 at 17:48.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-04, 18:19

By the way, who are these people you keep mentioning?

Not sure why anyone likes The Beatles. And I've never, ever heard a song by this Cardi B person.