Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Sideview Mirror

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Sideview Mirror
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-07, 10:10

So the driver's sideview mirror on my old '93 Honda Civic hatchback went wonky a few months ago and I replaced it. Even wrote a "how to" article about it. The thing is, I didn't actually get out and drive the damned thing until this week. The quality of this aftermarket mirror is incredibly shitty. The housing looks fine but the mechanical adjustment control (this is a non-electric unit) is very coarse and the mirror vibrates while you drive. Not the housing, just the mirror.

So I got on the phone a few minutes ago and ordered up a replacement mirror to the tune of $200. It's an outrageous price for a mirror but I'm going to have to pay that because I've experienced the other option. Anybody here have any suggestions for other places to shop? I don't have time to go the junkyard to pull a part.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Yonzie
Mac Mini Maniac

2006-11-07, 10:12

In my part of the world, the junkyard will remove it and ship it off to you. Goes for pretty much everything as long as you're willing to pay the freight cost.

Converted 07/2005.