User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: New town "Technopolis" is far from spawn and magic-free!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: New town "Technopolis" is far from spawn and magic-free!
Page 2 of 3 Previous 1 [2] 3  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-12-23, 03:11

I don't even slightly understand that post, Grey.

"Batboxes"??

As in "Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na???"

¡Damned!

2012-12-23, 03:20

Hey Jude?

Battery Boxes. Drew.... you *have* to make a Batbox. But first of all you need to settle your ass in town into one of our plots. Damn the MySQL! This is important!

So it goes.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-12-23, 19:44

Awesome! I'd considered setting something up like that for the backup system. I'll have to check it out.

¡Damned!

2013-01-12, 19:54

Rowdy, your UU-Matter creator is a thing of beauty. Super cool.

Haven't been on much in the last couple of weeks because I'm absolutely crushed with work projects, but I have some time tonight and hopefully I can finish up the lighthouse. Then I may be able to play in the greenhouse (finally).

So it goes.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-01-12, 22:36

I haven't been on much due to taking care of two sick bears (one with strep, one with pneumonia), but I've been planning a mega-machine for mass production of HV Solar Arrays. I'm...kinda shuddering at the amount of work that will go into it, but the process of UU-Matter -> HV Solar Array is horrific. The whole Tin Ore -> Tin -> Bucket -> Iron -> Refined Iron step is one I really don't recommend doing without automation. Doing UU straight to Iron Ore uses almost 3 times the UU, however.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

¡Damned!

2013-01-12, 22:55

One thing I did notice though - it must suck a shit-ton of power. For a minute I thought I broke it by clicking on a machine to see what it was , but as soon as daylight came up it started working again.

So it goes.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-01-13, 23:19

It does. Hence needing the HV arrays. I *may* have an actual solution to the power running out draining at night. I need to discuss it with Brad, but I may have a 100% safe nuclear reactor plan utilizing UU-Matter. I'd just have to shut it down when I log off to make sure server mechanics wouldn't make it splode inside the safe room.

¡Damned!

2013-01-16, 18:15

Lighthouse is done!

One thing I did notice - the lights at the tip are on a timer, and if you get too far away the timer (and lights) stop working. Is this normal? I may replace the timer with a torch if so. I *really* wanted to see the blips from town, but whatever. Goddamn MC/tekkit.

I still need to make a path from the docks to the entrance, but it's pretty much finished otherwise.

[edit]: It looks a lot taller in that pic than it actually is. I made a point not to go too tall as to not fit in with everything else. I don't think it's even at our old max height.

So it goes.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-01-16, 20:17

Very well done, 709! I like it much.

I don't know about the timer issue. How far away are you before it stops working? It's probably a matter of Tekkit disabling processing in distant chunks to reduce strain on the server, client, and bandwidth.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

SpecMode
Wait what

2013-01-16, 21:00

I can confirm the timer issue; they stop going once you get a fair distance away. I have a few blinking red lights around Mob Hill, but they don't actually work until you get within a couple dozen blocks or so.

¡Damned!

2013-01-16, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
I can confirm the timer issue; they stop going once you get a fair distance away. I have a few blinking red lights around Mob Hill, but they don't actually work until you get within a couple dozen blocks or so.
Gah. I'm just going to make it constantly lighted then. Bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Very well done, 709! I like it much.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about the red lights up the center, but Anna demanded that red be in there somewhere. I like it.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-01-17 at 11:38.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-01-17, 12:56

It's an issue of chunks unloading from a distance, hence the existence of World Anchors. World Anchors will leave whichever chunk they are in permanently loaded, and all circuits/machinery active. They basically act as a person staying on the server in that location.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-01-17, 22:27

BTW, I filled a chest at the dock with UU-mater. Free for any who want it.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-02-04, 20:38

Sure, i show up 3 nights in a row after being too busy for months and nobody is on at all?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-04, 20:55

Just in time for this world to draw to a close...

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-04, 20:56

The AN server is largely unplayable for me now, for whatever reason. I'm slowing way down in SMP, no matter where I am or how far from anything I am. I'm fine in SSP or vanilla SMP on other servers, though. Has anything changed on Lenny, or did something change with Tekkit of which I'm unaware?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-04, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
The AN server is largely unplayable for me now, for whatever reason. I'm slowing way down in SMP, no matter where I am or how far from anything I am. I'm fine in SSP or vanilla SMP on other servers, though. Has anything changed on Lenny, or did something change with Tekkit of which I'm unaware?
I noticed that too when I tried connecting over the weekend. Everything was cripplingly slow, and the world refused to load new chunks as I moved around. Not sure if it's someone's machinery gone haywire or something wrong with Lenny or T's network connection.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-04, 21:03

Would machinery cause that over 1000 blocks away? I tried going way out to the NPC village south of the spawn village across the ocean and still had those issues.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-04, 21:06

Only if someone has a world anchor in place. Not sure how I'd hunt those down short of downloading a copy of the world and scrubbing the data.

I assume that's not the case, which means something is wrong with Lenny or T's network.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-04, 21:08

I think I was the only one that even asked or considered a world anchor, but I thought we had a ban on them anyway, so I never put one in place. Have you given any thought to a new world or anything like that, Brad? I don't think we've seen your thoughts yet on what we do next.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-04, 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
I think I was the only one that even asked or considered a world anchor, but I thought we had a ban on them anyway, so I never put one in place. Have you given any thought to a new world or anything like that, Brad? I don't think we've seen your thoughts yet on what we do next.
http://forums.applenova.com/showthre...028#post768028

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-02-04, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Just in time for this world to draw to a close...
What? Nuking this world already? but im getting so far on my really deep hole!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-02-05, 19:29

RS, the issue you might be having could be due to the chickens in my basement.

Also, from my Mac Server direct connected to the router one port over from Lenny:

My connection is good. Maybe services could use a restart on Lenny. Also, Cent OS 5.9 is out and might be a good time to update.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2013-02-05 at 21:59.

¡Damned!

2013-02-05, 22:23

I've had the same problem in the last week or so with chunks not rendering until I was literally right on top of them. Movement has still been smooth for me though.

So it goes.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-02-05, 22:45

I culled the herd to see if it helps. I killed all the adult chickens I had and am left with the babies that were hatched from the eggs I just collected and threw.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

¡Damned!

2013-02-05, 23:09

Nope. Still super glitchy.

You don't see the chunks not loading on your end?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-02-06, 19:58

Yeah, so it's happening to me too. I didn't pay much attention to it before. Seems like an issue with the MC server.

While this won't make much of a difference, it does need to be done:
Code:
Install 1 Package(s) Upgrade 137 Package(s) Remove 1 Package(s) Reinstall 0 Package(s) Downgrade 0 Package(s) Total download size: 171 M

Last edited by turtle : 2013-02-06 at 20:15.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-02-07, 02:36

I thought the issue was in town at first, but I'm having that loading issue world-wide. It doesn't matter where I am. Tried it back around Spawn. Tried it out in the NPC village way south of spawn. Chunks just aren't loading. :/

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-02-08, 20:00

Tonight I'll be shutting down the world and running some tests on the server. Hopefully the problem is just something in our overloaded world. Not a problem if we're about to reboot the world anyway...

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-02-15, 20:05

This is a funny story that Dellphi is too lazy to type...

...we were in the nether the other night, building out a platform, when a ghast attacked. I was wearing my ring of power and my fancypants armor and was afraid to get any closer.

Dellphi started laughing at me and said "you have the indestructible armor and you're still a chicken".... he went on to inform me that I could walk on lava, drop from 500 meters without getting hurt, I could never drown, bad guys could never get within 5 or 6 blocks of me, etc, etc, and yet I kept hiding behind some stone blocks, terrified.

It seemed to entertain him immensely.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter