User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iTunes 9: Genius Mixes, Improved Syncing, Home Sharing, Redesigned Store, iTunes LP

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTunes 9: Genius Mixes, Improved Syncing, Home Sharing, Redesigned Store, iTunes LP
Page 4 of 4 Previous 1 2 3 [4]  Thread Tools
joveblue
Veteran Member

2009-09-10, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
I didn't even realise there was any such thing as column view in iTunes til now
Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
Ahhh it used to be in a row above the song listings. I vaguely remember it now, it was pointless and in the way so I disabled it as soon as humanely possible, IIRC.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-09-13, 17:05

Can I just say that I'm loving the new iTunes interface with AppleTV. Really, it's much more efficient design and easier working. That is all.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-09-15, 10:48

My iTunes keeps beachballing when mounting or ejecting CDs, iPods (w/ storage option enabled). Has it always been doing this? It's very annoying.

So much for more efficient ejecting... SL.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-09-22, 17:39

iTunes 9.0.1 is out! Among other bug fixes and performance enhancements, they've apparently fixed the behavior of the "+" button, so that you shouldn't have to Option-click it to switch between the full window and mini player.

Fire up Software Update, or download the installer here.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-09-22, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
iTunes 9.0.1 is out! Among other bug fixes and performance enhancements, they've apparently fixed the behavior of the "+" button, so that you shouldn't have to Option-click it to switch between the full window and mini player.

And I just updated to 9.0 this morning
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2009-09-22, 19:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post

Ah, so it's back to the inconsistent-yet-somehow-consistent iTunes zoom button behavior.

Oh Apple, how you toy with me.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-09-22, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBHockey View Post
Ah, so it's back to the inconsistent-yet-somehow-consistent iTunes zoom button behavior.
Anything is better than the meaningless "zoom" that iTunes 9 came with. It's like it wants to be a full-screen button, but it only makes it halfway there. Stupid!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
MBHockey
skates=grafs

2009-09-22, 21:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Anything is better than the meaningless "zoom" that iTunes 9 came with. It's like it wants to be a full-screen button, but it only makes it halfway there. Stupid!
Yeah when I read the release notes I thought they fixed that.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2009-09-22, 23:17

It's not a feature, it's a bug!
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-09-24, 12:14

So uh.

I upgraded to iTunes 9 and updated my Touch to 3.1.1, and the name got eaten.

It went from "Donald Flint's iPod Touch" to just "iPod touch" and at first glance I don't see a way to put it back.

WTF?
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2009-09-24, 16:04

I've noticed a definite improvement in Genius results - especially in the biggest test I can give it (that being, of course, a playlist based on a live Radiators song).

In the previous versions, Genius tended to give me a list full of "jamband" genre artists and tracks (Phish, WSP, Tea Leaf Green, etc.), which would most often not have that much similarity to The Rads.

Now, I get a playlist that is mostly comprised of Little Feat, Grateful Dead, and Allman Brothers. Given that my favorite short description of the Rads' sound is calling it an equal mix of those three bands, I'm pretty impressed.

It also tossed in some Who, Stones, CSNY, Cream, Gov't Mule and Doobie Brothers for good measure (all are good fits). The only band really missing that should be in there from my collection is CCR.

One Phish song - but that's excusable.
Noel

2009-09-24, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFL View Post
I've noticed a definite improvement in Genius results - especially in the biggest test I can give it (that being, of course, a playlist based on a live Radiators song).

In the previous versions, Genius tended to give me a list full of "jamband" genre artists and tracks (Phish, WSP, Tea Leaf Green, etc.), which would most often not have that much similarity to The Rads.

Now, I get a playlist that is mostly comprised of Little Feat, Grateful Dead, and Allman Brothers. Given that my favorite short description of the Rads' sound is calling it an equal mix of those three bands, I'm pretty impressed.

It also tossed in some Who, Stones, CSNY, Cream, Gov't Mule and Doobie Brothers for good measure (all are good fits). The only band really missing that should be in there from my collection is CCR.

One Phish song - but that's excusable.
But do Genius results actually have anything to do with your version of iTunes? Maybe it just seems that way because your Genius information hadn't been updated in a long time?
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2009-09-24, 16:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel View Post
But do Genius results actually have anything to do with your version of iTunes? Maybe it just seems that way because your Genius information hadn't been updated in a long time?
Not likely, because I was constantly updating the Genius info in the last version trying to get better results.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2009-10-05, 14:35

I get some weird results with genius playlists still (Karma Chameleon is frequently in 25-song playlists built from Enter Sandman), but the genius playlists seem pretty good so far. I'm liking 9.1 a lot at this point.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
joveblue
Veteran Member

2009-10-06, 02:06

I keep getting weird things come up as my album art on my iPhone since the update... one is a screen shot from a podcast, a few are Genius Mix things (which they are not even in) and some have the art from the wrong album.

Also the smart playlists on my iPhone are fcuked, my Recently Added playlist displays the playlist as it was 6 months or so ago and the Most Played seems to display what could be my least played. Voice activation plays them correctly though.