AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

It's Official: Apple event on the 12th

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
It's Official: Apple event on the 12th
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-08-31, 11:25

Yep.

The big, fancy new theater. Bring your bottle rockets!

I predict the 12" iPhone with octo-core Xeons!
¡Damned!

2017-08-31, 13:01

I'm excited to see the inside of the SJ Theatre more than anything, even if it's still in a bit of a 'please pardon our mess' stage.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-08-31, 13:40

Yeah, I think I'm in that camp as well. New iPhones, Watches and Apple TV don't do much for me.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2017-08-31, 14:08

Super excited about these new phones.

Definitely torn on whether the 8 will be the upgrade this year.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-08-31, 19:03

I'm very interested to see what is talked about. I need a new Apple TV for another room so if that's upgraded then I'll likely go for it.

Phones...I really like my 7... but who doesn't like a new phone?

Watch with cellular... I'd be really tempted to ditch my iPhone for a flip phone and go with Watch and iPad Pro Cellular (10").

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2017-09-02, 19:57

Not to excited this time around. The 6s is doing fine with no sign of slowing down. Might just keep it until it is no longer supported by new version of iOS. Reminds me I need to take it in for the battery recall. Apple TV, meh. Still rocking a Mac Mini for that role. Watch, maybe when it can out right replace my phone (function and battery life) I'll get one, till then nah.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2017-09-03, 11:13

I feel that the leaks are making all of this boring. we've heard enough it won't be much of a surprise. But I'd still be happy to hang in a Twitter chat with folks during it!

As for phones, I love my SE and it's doing fine, so no plans to migrate.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2017-09-03, 12:08

This might be the watch generation that makes me join.

As for iPhone, the high-end one is probably too much for me.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-03, 18:26

Hmm.... maybe I could get an iPhone SE if they release a new version and the new Watch too. Assuming it's cellular that is.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-07, 16:34

Any word about AirPods in the rumor mill? I was recently reminded that those debuted at this even last year. I still don't have any and would have bought one by now if I had seen them in a store.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-09-07, 17:42

No rumors. Shipping times have dropped to 1-2 weeks. While it's possible Apple will update them, I wouldn't hold my breath.
flail

2017-09-09, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Any word about AirPods in the rumor mill?
Apparently they are being revised slightly.

Quote:
This is likely a minor revision and not a major upgrade. Based on the internal name — AirPods1,1 to AirPods1,2 — and the video above, I’m guessing the charging indicator light is relocated from inside the case to the front of the case for checking charging status without opening the lid.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2017-09-10, 10:05

The GM leak has completely ruined this year's media event. I seriously doubt there will be a single surprise for us.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2017-09-10, 12:07

Just locked in an offer for my iPhone 6 on Gazelle. $135.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-09-12, 11:09

I don't mind that there are going to be limited surprises because it means I'll watch this keynote with my kids. I won't need to hear the presentations as well since I already have a clue about it.

Ryan
Veteran Member

2017-09-12, 19:16

I was sure I'd get a 256Gb iPhone 8, but now I'm kinda eyeing the Plus.

I *really* wish Apple put the dual-lens setup on the smaller model.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2017-09-12, 20:44

It's called up selling. Works like a charm on people who need all the wiz pop stuff. Nothing too exceiting today, don't see any reason to upgrade for the 6s, at least it has a native headphone jack.