Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Thunderbolt Macs and 3rd party displays

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Thunderbolt Macs and 3rd party displays
Matsu
Veteran Member

2013-10-05, 13:42

So, while I'm scouting out my first new mac in seven years and weighing my options, I've come across some reported issues with using Display Port and DVI or dual link DVI through the thunderbolt port, via various adaptors including Apple's own. Seems that a number of monitors that are recognized perfectly well by windows machines, confound OSX and the mac refuses to send an RGB signal, defaulting instead to YCbCr/YPbPr which throws the colors and sometimes the sharpening and contrast setting all to hell, to say nothing of making calibration very difficult. Seem to be predominantly a Dell issue, but I've read of other displays behaving oddly as well.

Anyone out there having issues with the latest machines and OSX versions connected through a thunderbolt port?